Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to puke. Thank you, Magnusson. What do I have, a 2 PSI pulley?

Fortunately I just bought a 1969 Firebird 400. Exempt from emissions and 800 pounds lighter.

7 grand for about 40 rwhp - should have bought a nitrous kit.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
What dyno was it on??? Please dont say dynojet because those would be really crappy numbers on a dynojet. Those pretty much stock R/T dynojet numbers. Anyway, I only gained 55rwhp and 30rwtq on the canned Procharger tune from my custom N/A CMR tune when I put the Procharger on. I had to get a CMR to REALLY wake up the Procharger. Gained over 90rwhp and 60rwtq with the CMR.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
somethings gotta be wrong. ive seen dyno numbers for a lot of maggie cars, even non-intercooled ones, and they always make a minimum of 80ish. at least from what i have seen.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yeah, something is definitely not right. If the tune is off, that can kill anything.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I forgot about the procharged Mopar 10 my tuner did a few weeks back. it made 450rwhp and 430rwtq on the dynojet. Yeah, I think your tune might be quite a bit off.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am going to puke. Thank you, Magnusson. What do I have, a 2 PSI pulley?

Fortunately I just bought a 1969 Firebird 400. Exempt from emissions and 800 pounds lighter.

7 grand for about 40 rwhp - should have bought a nitrous kit.
Are you running our calibration? What other mods are done to the car? Who did the installation?
I'll be happy to help you out, I just need more info.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you running our calibration? What other mods are done to the car? Who did the installation?
I'll be happy to help you out, I just need more info.

Wow! When you guys forgot to turn off MDS in my tune it took 90 days before anyone would return a phone call. I have mopar CAI and catbacks, and the install was done by Brucks Performance. I bought from Arrington but for whatever reason they did not do the tune; it was from Magnusson.

yes, I am not very diplomatic. Ship 'em and forget 'em is not the way to win friends. I could have picked up more power with a doggone $600 cam.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What dyno was it on??? Please dont say dynojet because those would be really crappy numbers on a dynojet. Those pretty much stock R/T dynojet numbers. Anyway, I only gained 55rwhp and 30rwtq on the canned Procharger tune from my custom N/A CMR tune when I put the Procharger on. I had to get a CMR to REALLY wake up the Procharger. Gained over 90rwhp and 60rwtq with the CMR.

Yes, it was a dynojet. Any more good news?

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, well I was out on leave due to pregnancy complications and then maternity leave... BUT, I am back. So lets tango :)

The tuner is out until Monday, but we can work on this.
What were your original dyno numbers? Do you have a dyno sheet?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jessika,

I hope the pregnancy and delivery went well. I don;t post often so if I missed something I am ignorant not insensitive.

I did not dyno the car before the install. Three runs show 330-360 HP with flat torque and HP peaking at about 4200 and staying there. At 5500 RPM it had not tapered off at all.

Sorry if I am abrasive, but one of your guys would not call me back after I mentioned a pressure buildup at cruise, and neither would the guys at Arrington. They sold me the magnacharger then washed their hands. One guy even promised that he would not "be like magnusson" and would return my call re the MDS issue, then he disappeared. My predator crashed and the car had to sit for a weekend while I waited for you guys to open up on a Monday. magnusson was no help, either. I ultimately got the tune via email from the installer for a reinstall after the predator crash, reloaded it and turned off MDS.

That was a major oversight by the tuner and frankly horrible business acumen. The entire situation has been mishandled. Arrington sent me to a "approved" installer, I tried to buy a warranty from Magnusson, and the installer will not return emails asking for info I need for the warranty application. I cannot think of one person in the loop who has provided good service.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hang in there dude. My magnuson super charged 5.7L Charger is putting out 451RWHP and 455 torque after a good tune.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not to sound like a tool, I just don't do the canned tuned BS. It's dyno tuned or nothing. I gained 19rwhp and 25 rwtq with my tune, I just dont think that is feasable with as little of mods I have with a "canned tune", get a tuner to tune it and it will be fine. I bought a hypertech programmer when I first bought my old mustang, dynoed it lost 1rwhp and gained 2rwtq, I found me a tuner and did a diablosport deltachip, bam picked up about 22rwhp, then when I put heads and cams and nitrous on it I switched over to SCT tuning software, same thing everything perfect. I know you might not be able to get to a tuner near you so you can datalog instead and have them tune it over the net. Me personally I am going to have the car in the tuners hands.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jessika,

I cannot think of one person in the loop who has provided good service.

That statement is incorrect. When the predator crashed, Simon at Magnusson worked with me to try to get the original tune, but when the installer emailed it to me I told Simon that I was good to go. He was working hard to assist, and it would not be fair of me to overlook that.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
hope you get it straightened out. I feel your pain. Sounds like Jessika is wanting to help. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmm, sure your belts not slipping? or any kind of leaks?

i made 470 with magnachargers canned tune and a CAI, and A.J's tune jumped me to 499.7 with 501 lbft.

What PSI pulley do you have? Some of you guys are pulling 12 pounds and I have the 4-6 lb pulley.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe I got a bad dyno read? they were having issues with wheel slippage, and the graph had wavy lines that the dyno guy's boss was questioning. I drove the first run, using key trick to disable traction control. The second run, I was suing autostick and they were going to score it in fourth gear. When I got into fourth, it kept downshifting to 3rd, then back up to 4th....must have been slipping. So, I got out and let them drivve in the second and third runs.

I still got no better than 360, and at least one of the three runs had to be fairly accurate.

Jessika, where are you?

·
Banned
158 Posts
im running the Standard 6 psi magnacharger pulley on a stock bottem end....

have you driven the car on the street? does it feel any different than stock?

spray some brake cleaner around the blower to check for leaks.

also, check the bypass valve?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry, I am here. Just been a bit busy this morning. Let me read over the info & think a bit...

First, can you look at your front pulley and tell me what size it is, lets eliminate the simple stuff first.
Also, can you post the dyno sheet? or email it to me...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts