1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I live an hour away, been registered since back in the winter. I will do one full day, usually Friday but that will be weather dependent.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live an hour away, been registered since back in the winter. I will do one full day, usually Friday but that will be weather dependent.
Cool, we'll be traveling on Friday so we won't get there till early afternoon. So we'll get part of Friday and all of Saturday. We're just spectators. :)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to miss it this year for the 4th time since 1984. Will be out of the country, Its a good time, have fun.
Sorry that you can't be there, I'm sure we'll have fun. This is our first Mopar event and hope to make it to many more.

Paul

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will be driving over from Indy, not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday.

I am not registered looks like I will just be a spectator.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll be there. I haven't missed a year since they moved it back to National Trail.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be driving over from Indy, not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday.

I am not registered looks like I will just be a spectator.
I'll be there. I haven't missed a year since they moved it back to National Trail.
Great! I don't figure the odds are good that we'll run into each other, but I'm sure we'll all have a great time. It looks like Saturday is most likely the day my wife and I will spend at the track. We're staying in Mount Vernon so we'll probably spend Friday afternoon checking it out. Looks like a nice little town.

Paul

·
Registered
40 Posts
This will be my first time attending, but I have heard the stories and seen the videos.

I am not into the wild street scene even as a spectator.

Going to do a quick over and back in one day.

Ironically I have raced at National Trail many times with The Buick Performance Group as we always had our national event the week before the Mopar Nats and I would see them starting to set up the tents etc... on the last day of our event.

Always wishing our little Buick club could hold an event as massive as the Mopar Nats.

I am always interested in meeting up with new people.

It doesn't appear it is worth it to pay day of prices to be in the fun field for one day, or is it? Except to have a nicer parking place?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This will be my first time attending, but I have heard the stories and seen the videos.

I am not into the wild street scene even as a spectator.

Going to do a quick over and back in one day.

Ironically I have raced at National Trail many times with The Buick Performance Group as we always had our national event the week before the Mopar Nats and I would see them starting to set up the tents etc... on the last day of our event.

Always wishing our little Buick club could hold an event as massive as the Mopar Nats.

I am always interested in meeting up with new people.

It doesn't appear it is worth it to pay day of prices to be in the fun field for one day, or is it? Except to have a nicer parking place?
Wild street scene?? At 64, I'm not going to be partaking in any of that either. I'll be at the event, then back to the hotel. I am concerned with parking, I hate leaving my car amongst a mass of uncontrolled flying doors... but it is my daily driver and not a garage queen. They have something they call VIP parking for $5/day but I have no idea what constitutes being a VIP? Is it just being willing to pay? And how is it better than the free parking? This is my first time to an event like this so it's all new. I guess I'll have answers to all my questions for the next one... :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
On the map they show paid parking on the same side as NTR and free parking is directly across the street is my guess.
I see no advantage to paid parking if that is the case.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I will be going Friday afternoon.... just walking around to see everything is all though. I haven't been for about 4 years now. Going to hit the ' Car Corral' area to see what is available.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I'm not all that interested in the races, wanna check out the '67's on display and definitely the swap area for any deals on parts I might want. Just love cars so it should be a hoot wandering around all the history.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts