Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, thats right. Went out to visit a friend. 20 minutes into drive get a TPMS light on hwy going 65mph. Had to drive half a mile in right lane till I got to a shoulder I could pull over on to change the tire...hwy lined with jersey walls 6 inches off lane. So I change the tire in the dark during the busiest traffic zipping by my butt 3 feet away, find the nail, think ok I'll get it fixed...but no. Sidewall completely damaged... and finding a 245/45/20 eagle f1 supercar is not as easy as one would tend to believe. Apparently not a popular tire with goodyear stores. Find one tire 245/45/20 in the whole tidewater area, wait 3 hours to get that f%*king tire delivered just to find out..guess what.....the TPMS is damaged. I'm out an additional 99.00$ on top of the 296.00$ tire. Thanks all for letting me vent and I will definitley looking into different options for tires, thats for sure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I feel your pain, I picked up a nail the day after I brought mine home. And another one a month later, I swear they put magnets in my tires :disgust:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Feel your pain x2.

Lots of construction in my subdivision and I picked up a nail in my rear tire - also an F1. Even though it was a thin nail it went in the tire at an angle and just barely nicked the sidewall - and I mean just BARELY! Figures, that's my luck. :(

Anyway, even though it was the slightest of nicks, once the sidewall is touched the tire is no good and cannot be repaired. I verified that with Goodyear and three different local tire stores.

I ended up buying my tire from Tire Rack - the dealer near my home balanced and mounted it for free as a customer courtesy. I initially tried to buy one from them, but the dealer's price was over $100 more than I could buy the tire myself (including shipping).:scratchhead:

I recently bought a 2010 FF SRT and it has the RSA tires - and I'm glad it does!! These tires are much less expensive to replace and it's not like I'm going to be doing 160 MPH anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was told we have a one year tire damage protection plan on our cars!!!
Not sure what someone else told you, maybe you have a third-party warranty. But according to Mopar and Goodyear, our tires have no road hazard warranty whatsoever (nail = road hazard). :indifferent:

It doesn't matter if it happens right after buying the car while driving off the dealer's lot. :(

After talking with my dealership, who tried to be helpful, they suggested I call Goodyear. GY verified there's absolutely no road hazard. I spoke with their representatives on two different occasions. My car only had about 900 miles. In addition every Goodyear authorized tire store I took my tire to said the same thing - no road hazard warranty.:icon_evil:

That's why I ended up at Tire Rack. They had the best prices (and you can get a warranty) .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Not sure what someone else told you, maybe you have a third-party warranty. But according to Mopar and Goodyear, our tires have no road hazard warranty whatsoever (nail = road hazard). :indifferent:

It doesn't matter if it happens right after buying the car while driving off the dealer's lot. :(

After talking with my dealership, who tried to be helpful, they suggested I call Goodyear. GY verified there's absolutely no road hazard. I spoke with their representatives on two different occasions. My car only had about 900 miles. In addition every Goodyear authorized tire store I took my tire to said the same thing - no road hazard warranty.:icon_evil:

That's why I ended up at Tire Rack. They had the best prices (and you can get a warranty) .:thumbsup:
must be something the dealer threw in

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
FWIW after four years of stock Goodyears on the 04 Rumble Bee, I put Toyos on my Challenger the FIRST week. Besides being damn near dangerous in any wet condition with the much lighter truck, I would almost SWEAR they are magnetic! Picked up nails in EVERY tire, including the spare I had rotated to the aluminum wheels, to take one off the ground beacsuse it had accumulated 3 plugs! 42k miles of that fun, these have bout 10k now, and ( knock wood head), no feathering of fronts ( run staggered so no rotation possible), and no pointy metal intruders, plus half the price to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts