Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 6.4 is a bored out 5.7 with the MDS I wonder if people will have the same problem with it as I did with my RT. I got rid of the stock exhaust and put a MagnaFlow street exhaust on. Whenever the MDS kicked in, there was a definite drone when cruising at all speeds. I was able to turn the MDS off with the Predator so it wasn't a problem. The first day I drove with the ProCharger installed the MDS kicked in and the drone was unbearable. Again the Predator eliminated the MDS.
Bottom line, I hope Diablo can keep pace with the new 6.4 computer to turn the MDS off or the exhaust manufacturers have it under control

·
Registered
653 Posts
Would the 6.4 be a different program? I was pretty sure that Diablo would be able to alter it for the new engine. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for aftermarket mods to come out like how long it's going to take Diablo to come out with a new predator, and new CAIs. Hope not too long.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Would the 6.4 be a different program? I was pretty sure that Diablo would be able to alter it for the new engine. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for aftermarket mods to come out like how long it's going to take Diablo to come out with a new predator, and new CAIs. Hope not too long.
The 392 has a whole new computer, not just a new set of parameters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 392 has a whole new computer, not just a new set of parameters.
About a year ago, dealers were re-flashing the RT's when brought in for service and the Predator could not re-install the canned tunes that guys had previously. It took Diablo a while to catch up. Just hope they keep pace with any changes coming from Dodge.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
... I got rid of the stock exhaust and put a MagnaFlow street exhaust on. Whenever the MDS kicked in, there was a definite drone when cruising at all speeds.
... because you cut off the resonators that were there to help cut down on the drone. You might consider sacrificing some sound and put some resonators back on. I think Blastin Bobs has a kit for that.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Or you could simply buy the only system on the market that has the drone removed, ie CORSA, no drone with their R/T system for mds car. I suspect Corsa will have the market for abit unitl the aftermarket catches up by breaking the new computer code. I suspect it is going to take some time, as what I understand the system has been around for a few years used on the Caliber. I have not found anyone who has spent the required time/resources into it yet. Maybe with the LX/LC platforms using it now it will happen. MPO anyhoo....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or you could simply buy the only system on the market that has the drone removed, ie CORSA, no drone with their R/T system for mds car. I suspect Corsa will have the market for abit unitl the aftermarket catches up by breaking the new computer code. I suspect it is going to take some time, as what I understand the system has been around for a few years used on the Caliber. I have not found anyone who has spent the required time/resources into it yet. Maybe with the LX/LC platforms using it now it will happen. MPO anyhoo....
Heard back from another guy on another forum that he had Corsa's on an 08 Charger RT and they had a little bit of a drone with the MDS on.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I had it on my 09 R/T 5.7 w/MDS and it had NO drone noe at all. I do know if you do not get the right system it will drone like freakin crazy, I put an dSRT8 system on the R/T first and you could not hardly drive the damn thing. Damn dealer told me "no problem its larger pipe but weld it, well I didn't care about warranty on an exhaust, When have you ever had to warrranty an exhaust system, so I did it. It SUCKED, so CORSA who did not sell it to me orignally sold me the correct system at cost, and it was fine sounded bitchin! The one I had for the SRT, well I went and bought the car to fit it! LOL my wife was pissed!I still have the SRT but sold the R/T. Customer service like that does not come along very often, I will be a lifetime customer. Yes their systems are expensive, but you get what you pay for in parts, service and knowledge the Corsa is tops for me!

Damn I sound like a corsa salesman, err well it is what it is! And I am not employeed by corsa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts