Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw on a thread here that the new 392 comes with a CAI already. From the pics I have seen, it looked like a standard box air filter to me. Anyone got any info to either way? If it doesnt come with one that is what the MOPAR bucks would go for assuming that they have one to order for it.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I thought I saw on a thread here that the new 392 comes with a CAI already. From the pics I have seen, it looked like a standard box air filter to me. Anyone got any info to either way? If it doesnt come with one that is what the MOPAR bucks would go for assuming that they have one to order for it.:scratchhead:
I thought the same thing too. I'm thinking it may not come with a CAI, the other option is that the pre-production tour cars didn't have the CAIs on them.

I guess we'll have to wait until the first person gets their car or Brampton Builder can maybe chime in here.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'll ask Brampton Builder to see if he knows.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was thinking that, in marketing speak, Cold Air Induction just means it gets air from somewhere other than the engine bay. My '09 R/T had a sealed box that got air from the wheel well. I think they considered that CAI. The Rotofab after-market CAI I added improved on that with a high-flow filter and a smoother intake tube, but it still gets its air from the same wheel-well hole. I wonder how the "new" factory CAI improves on the original? Anybody seen the filter box open? What's the filter look like? Inquiring minds, etc.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yup this is what I see on all the 392 cars . Its actually closed off to the engine compartment .It sucks its air from the lower left fender / fascia area . much better than the previous years

Thanks for the input BB! The rest of us can speculate all day long but you get to see them as they roll down the line. :bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts