Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see the “conversion kit” on speedlogix for the 392 and it is $340 + their $58 hardware kit. Is this my only route to get this done? Or do you guys know of any other way to save a little of the cost?
Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bought the parts from the dealer for under $150 and went over to a friends shop, put it on a lift, removed the stock spoiler and installed the scat pack/392 chin spoiler.

Gotta say.......IT WAS A PAIN IN THE AZZ. Took us almost 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the parts from the dealer for under $150 and went over to a friends shop, put it on a lift, removed the stock spoiler and installed the scat pack/392 chin spoiler.

Gotta say.......IT WAS A PAIN IN THE AZZ. Took us almost 4 hours.
Couple questions....by all the parts you mean the chin spoiler, two side fillers, and the belly pan? Are the brake ducts necessary to install everything? And also ive heard of people using plastic rivets from harbor freight. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I bought the 392 chin spoiler off ebay for around 100 bucks or so, used the same stock belly pan and went to harbor freight and bought a rivet plastic rivit kit like for 20 bucks or so, took me about 3 hrs to install, did mine without removing nose, but I will say taking the nose off aint that bad and probably should be done to do this, specially if you have no mechanical skills which come in handy of how things work and how to remove things not by the "book".

Speedlogix what a rip off, wouldn't bother, dealership or ebay way cheaper.

Here's a picture of my 392 chin spoiler.

Here's what steve white offers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/08-14-Dodge-Challenger-392-6-4L-Front-Lip-Lower-Chin-Spoiler-Kit-Mopar-Genuine/352264179889?epid=16011182987&hash=item520494d0b1:g:Vb0AAMXQM0FRfqK5&vxp=mtr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for all that good info. One last question, mine is a ‘16 model, should it make any difference? Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
Couple questions....by all the parts you mean the chin spoiler, two side fillers, and the belly pan? Are the brake ducts necessary to install everything? And also ive heard of people using plastic rivets from harbor freight. Thoughts?
Chin spoiler and two side fillers and plastic rivets is all that is needed......and.... LOTS OF PATIENCE.

If I had to do it again, I would probably pull off the front end. Would have been easier and quicker.

BTW, mine is '16 RT as well.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
197 Posts
Agreed, Steve White kit is the way to go! Comes with everything needed and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also agree Steve White is the way to go. I purchased a Spoiler from them on Ebay. I installed it on my 09 SRT, was a little tedious getting to some of the screws but looks fantastic when it is done. I did not take the facia off to install.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
First off let me say I have a 2015 R/T, so this will be of 15 and up.
Okay guys I am tossing this mod around in my head. With the sale at Steve White's and Speedlogix I am considering this more and more but have to decide by Friday LOL. First off if you have done it, please show me some pictures from different angles, the one in steve white's page (dead on from the front is not appealing to my eyes). I have seen the new ones on the lot and they look good in person with the SRT style hood, I never paid much attention to Scat Packs.

Is there an advantage to replacing the belly pan? Why is duct work and belly pan offered in Speedlogix kit but not Steve White's? Also hardware is offered as an option on Speedlogix but not Steve White's. I am not preferring one vendor or the other, I am just wondering why the difference in "kits". Since my car is put away for the winter this won't be added until spring. I really want to hear form people's experiences that have done this or had it done and the results of using one kit vs the other. I do not need to hear from sellers telling me why their way is better than the other.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Shop around and you can get the parts pretty reasonable. You don't need the belly pan or ducts but you will need plastic rivets and those you can get from Harbor Freight with the gun for less than 20 dollars

This is a conversion worth doing

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Just did this 2 days ago,

Definitely take the bumper off to do the job, wasted about an hour trying to figure it out without removing the facia, no go.

And dont forget the side filler pieces

It just seems like i sheered off 3 of the 4 bolts holding the splitter to the belly pan, so a few of those and i should be all done thanks guys

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Just did this 2 days ago,

Definitely take the bumper off to do the job, wasted about an hour trying to figure it out without removing the facia, no go.

And dont forget the side filler pieces

It just seems like i sheered off 3 of the 4 bolts holding the splitter to the belly pan, so a few of those and i should be all done thanks guys
Thanks, that looks good, are the bolt something that can be replaced at a local hardware store? I know the originals are plastic but can the thread be matched to something in Stainless Steel?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, that looks good, are the bolt something that can be replaced at a local hardware store? I know the originals are plastic but can the thread be matched to something in Stainless Steel?

No im referring to the metal bolts with the washers attached theres 4 total. I hit up a local oreillys and they had something similar but they measured to be 10mm bolts. It was a doorman box labeled dodge body bolts. Better off going to the dealer

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
197 Posts
Hey Julian I'm glad you decided to do the spoiler conversion you'll be happy you did once you're finish! Here's a couple of pics with my buddies car and mine side to side...mine has the chin conversion and his does not. It gives the car a different more aggressive look and makes it seem as if its sitting lower and closer to the ground!

As another member posted all you really need is the Chin spoiler and two side fillers and plastic rivets is all that is needed......and.... LOTS OF PATIENCE.

Post some pics once it's done!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts