Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 392 delivery date was Friday to Chicago area dealer what a mess who knows where it will end up or when in this weather It really takes the excitement out not knowing how long it is going to be just waiting the storm out for now

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
My 392 delivery date was Friday to Chicago area dealer what a mess who knows where it will end up or when in this weather It really takes the excitement out not knowing how long it is going to be just waiting the storm out for now
im sure the semi will just pull over for 12 hours....i wouldnt expect too much of a delay...the roads today here in WI were just fine today.....just wet

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Gotta hand it to Dodge - all the other domestic makers release their new performance cars in the summer or spring. Dodge for some reason rolls em out in a blizzard. No wonder they're losing money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My car left on a truck from Toledo to the Chicago area this morning. It hasn't arrived anywhere yet so I'm assuming its parked at a rest stop along I-80. They should be able to get moving again tomorrow afternoon/evening.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
New roof design?

May see a new roof design on the ones left out in the blizzard.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Really , then I guess you didn't see chevy launch the camaro convertable yesterday at the Oshawa Ontario Plant.

Gotta hand it to Dodge - all the other domestic makers release their new performance cars in the summer or spring. Dodge for some reason rolls em out in a blizzard. No wonder they're losing money.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Really , then I guess you didn't see chevy launch the camaro convertable yesterday at the Oshawa Ontario Plant.

Yeesh, you can get your new Camaro convertable complete with a sagging roof after a foot of snow sat on it for a few days! I feel bad for those guys. :notallthere:

·
Banned
407 Posts
My car left on a truck from Toledo to the Chicago area this morning. It hasn't arrived anywhere yet so I'm assuming its parked at a rest stop along I-80. They should be able to get moving again tomorrow afternoon/evening.
hopefully not on the stretch that's shut down. its pretty insane out there...off to my 3rd time shoveling the drive. good luck on the car

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I just saw a live Weather Channel Snowcast in Lafayette...said a record 26" in a 24 hour period !!

im sure the semi will just pull over for 12 hours....i wouldnt expect too much of a delay...the roads today here in WI were just fine today.....just wet
Yeah, well that was earlier today. It started getting bad here in Chicagoland around 2:30ish !!!Don't count on any movement til Thursday..at least !!

Losing money ??? It was just released today that Chrysler and Gm had 23% increase of sales for January !!! Yeah-haaaa !!!Ford only up 9% !!!

Good luck.. I thought I heard parts of I-80 were closed....probably should be if not...at least from the Quad Cities thru to Toledo !!!

May see a new roof design on the ones left out in the blizzard.
That may be the best actuality yet !!!:thumbsup:

Yip, I saw a snip-it showing a Camaro Ragtop !!! Here we go again...now a bunch will want Challenger Raggies !!!:bigthumb:

hopefully not on the stretch that's shut down. its pretty insane out there...off to my 3rd time shoveling the drive. good luck on the car
Yeah, neighbor was out about 3pm today going back & forth..not much then 1-2".... We got at least a 2' drift outside patio..... Heck, 45 minutes ago..while sitting here a huge Flash illuminated right outside the window...then big boom-boom ..Yeh-haaaaa...We got ThunderSnow in Chicagoland...it's 19 degrees now. LSD is now closed off...from jack-knifed bus...also Waves from Lake Michigan have potential to flood shore line and inward...possible 15 ft waves...This is Wintertime in Chicago bigtime !! P.S. I'm 2 mi South of I-80 @ Ill.Rt 1...near that huge Limestone quarry just West of Indy border. If anyone's Challenger on a truck is nearby..let me know...Will serve fresh hot Kona Coffee upon request !!:)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't, they could've bought Challengers but they bought Camaros :laugh:
Hey now, I resemble that remark. Prior to finding out about the IEs I was pricing a 2010 2SS SLP ZL427. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey now, I resemble that remark. Prior to finding out about the IEs I was pricing a 2010 2SS SLP ZL427. :cowtounge:
lol I'm glad you didn't get the Camaro

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
lol I'm glad you didn't get the Camaro
I've been flip flopping back and forth for a while. When I 1st found out about the Challenger in 2005 I gave up on saving for a GTO or an used early 2000s Camaro SS). Dec 2009 I test drove and test fit both the Camaro and the Challenger in my garage. The Challenger I had to flop the mirrors in to have a comfortable fit (I think I could fit it in the door without that but it would have been real close). Although I liked the look of the Challenger and the field of view better I decided to switch gears to the Camaro so I didn't need to lube up when I got in and out of the car and not to mention I've always been a Chevy man. :) I was pretty much set on buying a SLP Camaro but was doing a last bit of research into the other "tuner" Camaros when I stumbled on information on the IE and the 392. As soon as I saw the first DWB picture it was a done deal. It was the car I HAD to have. :D

As long as she treats me good she'll be my woman for the next 20 years or so. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yip, I saw a snip-it showing a Camaro Ragtop !!! Here we go again...now a bunch will want Challenger Raggies !!!:bigthumb:
That's the main reason I'm not going all "Ga Ga" over the '11 models.

Don't get me wrong, the 392 is [email protected]; however, I KNOW that Dodge is working on new interior pieces for the upcoming Charger and 300 SRT8s. And, for me, a new steering wheel is not enough to pull me into buying a '11 Challenger SRT8 when a new interior upgrade is just over the horizon: been there, done that. (This coming from a person who bought a '89 Dodge Daytona Shelby, before knowing that '90 model interiors would be total upgraded).

Now, throw in the fact that a convertible does seem plausible... I'll hold on to my '09 SRT8 for the time being.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've been flip flopping back and forth for a while. When I 1st found out about the Challenger in 2005 I gave up on saving for a GTO or an used early 2000s Camaro SS). Dec 2009 I test drove and test fit both the Camaro and the Challenger in my garage. The Challenger I had to flop the mirrors in to have a comfortable fit (I think I could fit it in the door without that but it would have been real close). Although I liked the look of the Challenger and the field of view better I decided to switch gears to the Camaro so I didn't need to lube up when I got in and out of the car and not to mention I've always been a Chevy man. :) I was pretty much set on buying a SLP Camaro but was doing a last bit of research into the other "tuner" Camaros when I stumbled on information on the IE and the 392. As soon as I saw the first DWB picture it was a done deal. It was the car I HAD to have. :D

As long as she treats me good she'll be my woman for the next 20 years or so. :cowtounge:
I've been loyal to the Challenger since I was a little kid. My friend gave me a ride home in his '09 a while ago. I knew I wanted the new one from that moment.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That's the main reason I'm not going all "Ga Ga" over the '11 models.

Don't get me wrong, the 392 is [email protected]; however, I KNOW that Dodge is working on new interior pieces for the upcoming Charger and 300 SRT8s. And, for me, a new steering wheel is not enough to pull me into buying a '11 Challenger SRT8 when a new interior upgrade is just over the horizon: been there, done that. (This coming from a person who bought a '89 Dodge Daytona Shelby, before knowing that '90 model interiors would be total upgraded).

Now, throw in the fact that a convertible does seem plausible... I'll hold on to my '09 SRT8 for the time being.
Yeah, more power can/could be nice ! The new steering wheel looks a whole lot better,but it seems that other vehicles are getting it too. I've always thought/wanted the Challenger to be__ like _ Special....perhaps because of the Feds a truely modern Tuff wheel cannot be realized !!!:scratchhead: That as anal as it may be to some would be a cause of not wanting/buying one...and perhaps it does saound real:alf: after I think of it !! Always better to be precautios about a new addition/upgrade.... Yeah, sometime those Daytone Shelbys look pretty good..thought those Chry/Dodge Conquests looked good too. Heck, back in '73 a buddy at college had a 1971 Dodge Challenger Se Ragtop w/ a 383 Magnum.[ < in that color]..had a bit of pull !!!:)

·
Registered
406 Posts
So much for the ad line of "Never seen snow or rain"!!!!:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts