Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the time to install my new Solo 392 exhaust system today on 11" race ramps 4" rears (could have been another 1" higher in the rear would have helped). First off Solo's product the converters and the system is bent and cut right on the money every joint slides right in flanges perfect not one pry bar or hammer used. The A+ item that I saw makes it the cats $ussy is that the tails are flanged and the H pipe has 1/4 pie cuts in the OD pipe allowing the ID to be crimped tightly by the OD pipe nice cheap fix for keeping the pipes tight on stainless. Not only did it install easy but it has a roar like none I've heard before and I do mean NONE and I'm 54. The trumpet tails seem to make the difference along with the added engineering which only shows me this company is concerned with having a quality product. So for Engineering I give the system a 10+ for the sound another 10+ performance I could feel a nominal difference. Trust me when I say the other mass made BOXED exhaust systems out there do not hold a candle to this package its not only quality in engineering but I didn't want to even scratch it while installing it because it looked so sweet and polished. So I have no affiliation with this company at all I just want everyone to know comparing these other systems made I've checked is like comparing a Sony at Best Buy to a high end McIntosh system IMHO. So if its about cost well you get what you pay for if you want your cake and eat it to... do the cats and system both...Thank you SOLO...sounds like a McIntosh now :)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!! We took a lot of time to research and develop the Challenger kits. We are very proud of what we have to offer the Challenger community and are very happy that you are enjoying your exhaust. We appreciate the feedback and hope you enjoy your exhaust kit and high flow cats for the life of the car!

Steve, Jeff, and the SOLO Crew

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!! We took a lot of time to research and develop the Challenger kits. We are very proud of what we have to offer the Challenger community and are very happy that you are enjoying your exhaust. We appreciate the feedback and hope you enjoy your exhaust kit and high flow cats for the life of the car!

Steve, Jeff, and the SOLO Crew
Just a quick question....Is the Solo system the same for 6.1's and 6.4's, or is there a difference between the two, and if so what is the difference?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
We two kits differ in pipe diameter. The R/T kits are 2.5" piping, and the SRT-8 kits are 3" piping. The bends are exactly the same. The only difference is that if you wanted the 3" exhaust on the R/T, a shop would have to make a small adapter for the front where it attaches to the end of the cat because of the difference in inlet diameter. The 3" kit is not necessary on the R/T...we tested it extensively...it would have been easier for us to use one kit on both, but we weren't going to take the easy way out. The only time I would suggest the SRT-8 kit on the R/T is if you have changed the R/T manifold out for the SRT-8 one (so it bolts right up), or you are using forced induction.

·
Registered
86 Posts
DEOPP

nice report, just a few quick questions:

did you weigh old v new system for potential weight savings?

what are the cfm flow numbers between stock v solo?

thank you:)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
DEOPP

nice report, just a few quick questions:

did you weigh old v new system for potential weight savings?

what are the cfm flow numbers between stock v solo?

thank you:)
If I am not mistaken, our kit saves 30+ pounds over stock. Our muffler is an X design internally....it is a true X pipe with the muffler built around it, so it flows extremely well, hence the 19+whp gain and 21+wtq gains. The J pipes are there to eliminate drone, and only sound waves enter them, so tone and performance are not affected. That's the great part of properly using J pipe technology.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is a nice writeup on the Solo exhaust. I have been considering either Solo or Zoomers. I live in WNY so Solo would make a ton of sense given one of their shops is close by. If anyone is in the Buffalo area and has the Solo on their 2010 SRT8 6 speed please PM me. I would love to hear it in person. Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Steve do you have a 6sp 6.1 on site or do you mean you install it and let me hear it on my car? LOL. I am in OP so I am close and could cruise up at any time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Had a Solo Mach X installed on my R/T at the end of June. The car now boasts a nice, authoritative, muscle car growl, and those quad tips look cool. I demonstrated the sound to the curious at a couple of local car shows, and they were impressed, agreeing that there's a big difference between the stock catback and the Solo sounds.

I didn't compare the Solo sound to other aftermarket catbacks, but it doesn't matter to me; I'm happy with what I got.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.