Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what options we have for the 392? According to Mopar action the exhaust is 2 3/4". I would really like to use a Blastin Bob resonator eliminators but nobody is sure on fitment. Thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I called SLP and they said they are at least a month out.:scratchhead:
I wonder if they found somebody to doante their car then. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know SLP put a call out for test fitting their parts (assuming exhaust maybe headers etc). I contacted them for more details I may be interested in letting them use my car but never heard back.

SLP Performance Parts, Inc. - Official Website - VEHICLES NEEDED FOR PROTOTYPING
My Daytona was a test car and this is the actual video of it. Shortie headers, high flow cats and loudmouth 1. I LOVE that sound. THIS is what the cars should sound like out of the factory.
For some reason the video doesnt work when clicking on the video. But it you click the word Youtube at the top it works.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
You guys figure it out and we can do a group buy! Im in. Sounds great

·
Banned
553 Posts
Check these out too....I am thinking about ordering this for my 2012 392

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did the resonator delete at a local muffler shop for <$80, sounds great imo, deep idle and fantastic WOT. Very "little" drone and at highway speeds ie:70mph you can barely hear it over stock. Just my .02

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust on my 392 few weeks ago.. it sounds fantastic/delicious according to all my friends! I will upload a video soon comparing my new exhaust to the stock one. but here is the one form the dyno run

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Borla was quite "droney" in the Vipers, what do you think about drone on your 392? My ears cannot take much deep constant drone some systems have. Therefore, I always went with Corsa on my Vipers. However, knowing these are quite different cars I wondered what you experienced... Corsa's are quite expensive.

I like the idea of a resonator delete...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I did the Corsa and it was just as quiet as the stock exhaust on 392.
I installed flow master muffler and yes did the resonator delete.
The great thing about the Corsa are the Exhaust tips.

A little droan at 55mph, but I dont drive 55 on purpose
Its the best sound and very throaty when getten on it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Blastin bobs resonator delete with the glass packs. Sounds great with windows down. With the windows up it drones terribly. 2012 srt8 6sp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts