Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to buy a set of 392 exhaust tips?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I had gotten mine from here:
82212379 EXHAUST

If you do order yours from the dealership, ask for part number 82212379. This part number is for a SET of tips, not just one. You should not be paying more than $200 for the set.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the information guys.....did you actually buy them? also do you have to brake off the weld on the clamp assy?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Just orderd a set this past tuesday at a dodge dealer and they where in the next day. $217 plus tax for the pair. I'll be putting them on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I had gotten mine from here:
82212379 EXHAUST

If you do order yours from the dealership, ask for part number 82212379. This part number is for a SET of tips, not just one. You should not be paying more than $200 for the set.
Definitely use the part number above...
You get the exact same tips in a bigger box that contains the both tips in individual boxes inside.
You can get them for about $180 on line...
I paid $195 total at the dealer & they installed them for free, just to see what they looked like. (car was on rack for oil change)

Here they are ...

Note they are longer than the originals... so they stick out a little further.
Apparently they did something to shorten up the IE exhaust... as it doesn't stick out as far on IE & FF cars
The tips are exactly the same... but somewhere they lost about 3/8" of exhaust length to move them in on the IE.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is the install easy.. something a novice can do?

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
very easy

yep very easy to install and adjust.:thumbsup: I know I have them on my SRT8, And if I can do it...anybody can.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yep very easy to install and adjust.:thumbsup: I know I have them on my SRT8, And if I can do it...anybody can.
Can you give a quick run-down of what the install entails?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Can you give a quick run-down of what the install entails?
1) Loosen bolt that holds circular clamp tight
2) Remove old exhaust tip
3) Take new Tip out of box
4) Place new tip on end of resonator where old tip was.
5) Slide clamp back into position.
6) Tighten clamp enough to hold it in place.
7) Straight tip
8) Finish tightening clamp
9) slide over to other exhaust pipe and repeat.
10) Go get a beer and admire handiwork :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
1) Loosen bolt that holds circular clamp tight
2) Remove old exhaust tip
3) Take new Tip out of box
4) Place new tip on end of resonator where old tip was.
5) Slide clamp back into position.
6) Tighten clamp enough to hold it in place.
7) Straight tip
8) Finish tightening clamp
9) slide over to other exhaust pipe and repeat.
10) Go get a beer and admire handiwork :thumbsup:
LOL, I think it took runner2go longer to type the directions than it will to replace the tips.:) Very simple, even a caveman can do it.:jester: If you are anal, like me, it will take you longer to sight align the tips (see #7) to get them "perfect".:bigthumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just installed mine a few weeks ago. It did take a while to get the tip lined up evenly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
LOL, I think it took runner2go longer to type the directions than it will to replace the tips.:) Very simple, even a caveman can do it.:jester: If you are anal, like me, it will take you longer to sight align the tips (see #7) to get them "perfect".:bigthumb:
LOL! yeah thanks runner2go, I appreciate it. I just wanted to make sure a noob like myself could do the install before I went ahead and purchased them. I think I am even capable of pulling this off. Thanks again! :browsmiley: I have never worked on cars before so I am learning everything from scratch.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Ordered mine today. Thanks for the part number.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
any problems putting these on an RT since theyre made for an SRT with a larger exhaust

i noticed some of you guys have RTs and since no one mentioned any issues im guessing they fit on an RT no problem?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
any problems putting these on an RT since theyre made for an SRT with a larger exhaust

i noticed some of you guys have RTs and since no one mentioned any issues im guessing they fit on an RT no problem?
No worries :thumbsup:
Both the SRT & RT use the same Tips (exit from the resonators is the same)... so they are interchangeable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts