Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,we got our first 392 in today,#114..prepped and drove it..I dont care to much for the seats,sorta cheap looking..comfort is ok.I like the steering wheel and cluster.Im also not a huge fan of the wheels and the door handles...

Test drive...weather was not the greatest..it seems to run great and have alittle more snap than the 6.1,couldn't really let her breath because of snow flurries..lol..under hood looks ok..Im glad they kept the block hemi orange,not a big fan of the intake,but it seems to work..it will make someone a great toy..still like my Plum Crazy the best!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Evaluation

Saving a place here, so as to be able to contribute a review when mine shows up and the snow melts.

Soon!

·
Registered
653 Posts
More like your opinion of the Challenger. Would think that the cold would allow you to "let her breath". After all, that's why we all install Cold air intakes, not warm summer air intakes. I could easily say I like the wheels on the IE, that's why I ordered them for my 392. So maybe I could write a review of one. Think I'll do that when I get mine.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well,we got our first 392 in today,#114..prepped and drove it..I dont care to much for the seats,sorta cheap looking..comfort is ok.I like the steering wheel and cluster.Im also not a huge fan of the wheels and the door handles...

Test drive...weather was not the greatest..it seems to run great and have alittle more snap than the 6.1,couldn't really let her breath because of snow flurries..lol..under hood looks ok..Im glad they kept the block hemi orange,not a big fan of the intake,but it seems to work..it will make someone a great toy..still like my Plum Crazy the best!!!
For a dealer you sure seem ethused about your merchandise... </sarcasm>

Seriously, though, what would a "perfect" intake be? How does the new stock intake on the 2011 fall short? What's wrong with the door handles? Are you just commenting on looks preference or are there functional differences?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
"Adequate"

Conclusion after reading fastfish's review: Car will be 'adequate' in getting wife to and from grocery store. That'll work for me :indifferent:

·
Registered
399 Posts
One thing this review tells me - I better be there when my car gets it's shakedown drive at the dealership. Because I don't want anyone other than me to ever "really let her breath" but me :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
One thing this review tells me - I better be there when my car gets it's shakedown drive at the dealership. Because I don't want anyone other than me to ever "really let her breath" but me :)
haha that's the truth. I'm calling my dealer to tell him that there's no prep drive taking place, I think I can handle that on my own. After watching Ultimate Factories the other night, I'm pretty sure with the factory test drive that my car will be fine without some mechanic tooling around in it. :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
haha that's the truth. I'm calling my dealer to tell him that there's no prep drive taking place, I think I can handle that on my own. After watching Ultimate Factories the other night, I'm pretty sure with the factory test drive that my car will be fine without some mechanic tooling around in it. :)
I believe it has to do with the fact that the dealer is taking ownership of the car--so for liability reasons they have to do a test drive as part of their acceptance inspection. Kind of like you marking all the dings in a rental before signing responsibility for it. If you were the dealer, I bet you'd want to be sure you could prove that any problems came with it from the factory.

My dealer said I could ride along with the guy--and that the guy at his place is old and drives like it too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Also, I'm curious--how many miles do you suppose they put on the car at the factory during the BRS test drive? Do they reset the odometer or something? Or is it just a short little 1/4 mile jaunt?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah I don't mind if they drive it, I just want to be there to make sure they don't get to crazy. A long time ago I took my 69 Charger RT 440 into a shop to get the front end aligned. I was sitting in the waiting room and after they were done with the alignment I saw the mechanic drive it out of the garage. Then I looked out the window and the bastard was doing donuts in the parking lot and redlining the engine. A few weeks later it threw a rod. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'll never let another person make one of my muscle cars "really breath" but me :)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Wow. Seems some people do not beleive in a person being able to have an opinion. So what if he thinks a plastic intake doesn't look as good as an aluminium one, I don't either...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Wow. Seems some people do not beleive in a person being able to have an opinion. So what if he thinks a plastic intake doesn't look as good as an aluminium one, I don't either...
I asked for clarification. If it's cosmetic, I care less about the opinion because it's just preference, and to each his own. But if it's because of a functional difference, then I want to know so that I can pay attention.

If a dealer doesn't like his own merchandise because of preference, fine. But if a dealer is saying there are functional inadequacies--I'd sure like to know about it.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I asked for clarification. If it's cosmetic, I care less about the opinion because it's just preference, and to each his own. But if it's because of a functional difference, then I want to know so that I can pay attention.

If a dealer doesn't like his own merchandise because of preference, fine. But if a dealer is saying there are functional inadequacies--I'd sure like to know about it.
A plastic intake will not withstand a nitrous backfire the way a metal intake will. I've seen several of the "afters" at the track and it is never pretty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boy...Sorry if I gave a bad run down on this car..excuse me for having a opinion..never seen abunch more rude people on a forum in all my life..I have been a certified Chrysler tech for 17 years..I am not a kid and own my own SRT8 Challenger also...We put 7 to 10 miles on every prep..if you order one in for yourself you have the choice not to have it driven..I was trying to give you guys a comparision on the one I own and the new 392..thats it!! we take pride in everycar that we sell and service...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Boy...Sorry if I gave a bad run down on this car..excuse me for having a opinion..never seen abunch more rude people on a forum in all my life..I have been a certified Chrysler tech for 17 years..I am not a kid and own my own SRT8 Challenger also...We put 7 to 10 miles on every prep..if you order one in for yourself you have the choice not to have it driven..I was trying to give you guys a comparision on the one I own and the new 392..thats it!! we take pride in everycar that we sell and service...
I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I did not mean to be, and I apologize.
What I wanted to understand is whether your comments were based on preference or functionality, and it sounds like they were a little of both. I presume that as a dealer who participates on this forum you are intimately familiar with your merchandise. Thus when you say something has a problem I think I'd like to pay attention--that's all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
About the intake..it works..I just like the aluminum version better..the aluminum always came across as vintage muscle car..thats it..on the door handles..I just seem to like the flush look of the old alittle better..the wheels are growing on me..it is a very cool car!!! and will make someone a very happy play toy...if anybody has any tech questions about any thing on there challengers..feel free to pm me..take care..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Fastfish,

I think everyone hear appreciates you posting up your opinion of the car after your hands on. And I will say some of the guys were maybe a little gruff. But on a scale of "internet rudeness" those guys posts were at worst 1.5 out of 10. They were very very tame. Come over to the forums where the customers for my video games give me feedback if you want to see what rude really is :)

Now if you'll allow me to prod you just a bit - full sentences and punctuation are your friend :) Internet forums aren't text messages you send with a cell phone. So something like this "... so I drove a 392 ... and ... I ... liked this part ... but didn't like ... this" ends up looking a bit funny :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm sorry as well. Pretty sure my original comment was the one that pissed you off. I appreciate that you took the time to give us some information, just felt like you were making it out like the car I'm buying is garbage so I got a little defensive.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts