Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I need them for my 09..already did the 11. I think there the same system though.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ranger,

I am pretty sure they are. I'd ask Kris or Lisa to confirm or you can check the P/N's on the Speedlogix site.

Shark,

MDS will only function in "auto" mode. I normally drive in "Auto Stick" which disables MDS. Not sure what it will sound like on the highway at freeway speeds with MDS on.. I'm sure I can live with it.. I already have one Hemi running a Super40 and it's EVIL :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
You've got my attention!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/any-interest-392-flowmaster-cat-back-group-buy-60412/

We need at least five confirmed for free shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal! Who's going to be #2 through????

:)
Toxic - between you and Tuck10 - you guys are twisting my arm pretty hard! :D

So, I am new the the "modification" scene. I am NOT a mechanic. Will a dealership typically do these types of upgrades? Fortunately I have become friendly with my dealership owner (especially after purchasing the GWE last week! :bigthumb: ) so that will probably help if I go that direction. Or do I go with a local independent muffler/exhaust shop? What should I expect to pay for installation?

Any help on these questions from you or other CT members would be appreciated! I am about 90% there on pulling the trigger and signing up on your list!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anyone tried it with the auto? I'm concerned about MDS drone.
I have had multiple cars with various exhaust systems on them. By far the one I liked the best was my wife's auto R/T with the flomaster catback. That car had MDS, and the flowmaster system had zero dronne. What I liked most was that in normal driving it sounded like stock with a small growl. When you got on it though, it sounded aggressive. It also fit well and was a good buy. I did not know that flowmaster already had one out yet for the 392. I am way interested.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C'mon APM jump on board!

Any muffler shop or even small mechanic can do the install for you and it shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes on a new vehicle. Honestly as easy as this exhaust is laid out on the Challenger, I am just driving my front wheels up on my ramps, chocking the wheels and jacking up the rear end and throwing a pair of jack stands under the rear K-Member, it will be super easy to get the stock exhaust off with hand tools and a creeper.

:)

·
Banned
811 Posts
Ranger,

I am pretty sure they are. I'd ask Kris or Lisa to confirm or you can check the P/N's on the Speedlogix site.

Shark,

MDS will only function in "auto" mode. I normally drive in "Auto Stick" which disables MDS. Not sure what it will sound like on the highway at freeway speeds with MDS on.. I'm sure I can live with it.. I already have one Hemi running a Super40 and it's EVIL :)
I'm aware of that. I use auto more than autostick, hence the concern. I had the Solo exhaust on my R/T auto. It was fine with MDS at lower speeds, but above 65 it was unbearable for me.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow so many 392 owners and so few names on the list...... (Can I guilt fellow forum members into an exhaust purchase? We'll see!!!!)

·
Premium Member
204 Posts

I'm partial to this Corsa sound, if you can tell me why I should go Magnaflow I'm in...

Any better vids on the Maggie's vs. this setup? Catback only I presume as tubes and headers will not be going on mine. Seems like a lot of personal preference but I saw a guy say on a Chevy site....Corsa over rated and cheaper build? Either way, I'm into a bit more grumble out of mine....

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YouTube - ‪2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 CORSA Xtreme PN 14424‬‏

I'm partial to this Corsa sound, if you can tell me why I should go Magnaflow I'm in...

Any better vids on the Maggie's vs. this setup? Catback only I presume as tubes and headers will not be going on mine. Seems like a lot of personal preference but I saw a guy say on a Chevy site....Corsa over rated and cheaper build? Either way, I'm into a bit more grumble out of mine....

Dino,

This is for the Flowmaster cat back, not the Magnaflow. Watch Tuck's video of his IE with the Flowmaster setup, this is the setup we are doing a Group Buy on.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Dino,

This is for the Flowmaster cat back, not the Magnaflow. Watch Tuck's video of his IE with the Flowmaster setup, this is the setup we are doing a Group Buy on.

I got yur mail, I understand all. I just mistyped....

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just found and awesome deal on the same exhaust. $574 includes shipping... I ordered it yesterday and received it today.

Is it a published price? SpeedLogix does price matching if I'm not mistaken?

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ray,

Thanks for the info. We'll see what SpeedLogix says.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Do you all know if I can use my stock tips? Got the quad IE ones and would like to use them. I think the Flowmasters are 3 inch and the stock ones 2.75 inch? any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I am in it to win it!

Ray,

Thanks for the info. We'll see what SpeedLogix says.
Ok, Toxic - I am in!!! Put me on the list!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, talking me through. Much ablidged to you! Tuck10 gave me great info too, along with his video. Seems like we can't go wrong!:bigthumb:

I would be happy if Speedlogix would at least split the difference between their cost and the Amazon deal. I am a Prime member at Amazon and get free shipping. I would rather buy from our supporting Vendor than Amazon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys I don't know what SL is charging but I just bought the Flowmaster System from amazon for 550. Free two day shipping (sign up for amazon prime 30 day trial then unsubscribe). The total was $602. Just google the flowmaster model which I believe is 817499. And you'll see the compared prices across the net.

I'm not trying to knock SL I've ordered from them before but this saved me some money. SL now does price match and I'm sure for the group buy they will definitely work with you guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys I don't know what SL is charging but I just bought the Flowmaster System from amazon for 550. Free two day shipping (sign up for amazon prime 30 day trial then unsubscribe). The total was $602. Just google the flowmaster model which I believe is 817499. And you'll see the compared prices across the net.

I'm not trying to knock SL I've ordered from them before but this saved me some money. SL now does price match and I'm sure for the group buy they will definitely work with you guys.
I current have my car on the lift getting it installed before work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.