Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title states I’m doing a forged internal build on my 2015 sublime green 392 this whole build started with a bad lifter and just kind of embarrassing escalated from there I’m currently waiting on my forged drop inability from MMX the block has been cleaned and honed and is sitting on my stand awaiting its new guts.

Initially when my lifter went bad I didn’t know what was going on tore the heads off and sure enough I had a partially seized roller it was evidently the roller was still somewhat spinning because it was wore down all the way around but the lobe was completely gone from the cam. After installing a 270 cam from HHP and getting everything back together the car wasn’t running right it wasn’t missing like crazy so I pulled it back Ins the garage and found a lovely random bolt propping an intake valve open 🤨 so I removed the heads orders some arp head studs more gaskets and a new valve I did some research on straightening bent valves as mine was tiled at the head of valve decided to torc the hell out of the valve and see f it would tap flat which it actually did but I didn’t want to risk grenading my motor over $60 with everything back together with the new springs valves and cam installed on the the at I was still getting an extremely rough idle and I did a leak down test cylinder 6 was the one that’s had an bolt in it and even with the new valve lapped in I was getting a 70% leak and air blowing out my oil breather and dipstick tube so I tore it apart again and noticed a decent amount of oil on the piston and brought the pistol to BDC and filled it with some ATF1 (no particular reason for atf1 just had it laying around I didn’t the same for cylinder1 as it was also at BDC after sitting over night an inch of fluid had leaked out of C6 and only about a quarter inch from C1 so I pulled the pan pulled that piston and checked the ring gap to find it was over 2x the spec I ordered some new mahle rings from jegs and while I was waiting I really mulled over dropping in forged internals and decided that since I had the money now I might as well do it now instead of later which was my original plan.

My major crossroads now is going with a pro charger or a twin turbo set up. I don’t plan on using STS or hellion and the pro-charger I plan on buying used. For turbos I was thinking of picking up some used 57mm+ out of a diesel and doing some fabrication with its own separate sump and electric oil pump and some custom intercooler piping with probably the biggest 5” intercooler that will fitand some hellcat injectors and probably just a hellcat fuel pump. My questions for you guys is.

1 what size turbos are you running
2 what size inter coolers are you running
3 how much psi can forged internals take MMX says the internals are good to 1000hp but I’m not looking for that much
4 what kind of fuel pressure are you running and cc for injectors
5 what was the approximate cost of your set up

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I’m going with an F1x Procharger and water to air on my forged build. Runs cooler, under the hood, temps. I kinda like that Procharger whistle too :)

Looks like the only weak link will be the HP70 trans now.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sooooo first off, congrats on taking this step. It's a big one but well worth it in the end. Pistons can handle quite a bit of power depending on the tuning.

1 what size turbos are you running - I'm running twin 72/65's from VSRacing
2 what size inter coolers are you running - The intercooler I'm running came in the Hellion kit, I can tell you it has 2.5 x 2 inlet and 3 X1 Outlet ports.
3 how much psi can forged internals take MMX says the internals are good to 1000hp but I’m not looking for that much - depends on tuning
4 what kind of fuel pressure are you running and cc for injectors - I plan on running 58-60 base fuel pressure, but using a boost reference regulator to increase with every PSI seen up to 80 PSI, I'm using deatchweris 1500cc. I'm going this big to support big power capability,
5 what was the approximate cost of your set up - this is subjective..... I bought my Hellion Kit used, and built my motor myself, sourcing parts over a year or so. Let's just say I've scored very good deals on everything, Picked the Turbos up on Sale from VSRacing for $650 shipped as opposed to $800 normally, and the Hellion kit was scored at a very reasonable price as well. I do have to modify it slightly to work with my setup. If you want detailed pricing, I have a build thread here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.