Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a pair of these sweet half covers from stevewhitemotors and I looked everywhere but can't seem to find pictures of where people used the dremel tool. Explaining only goes so far, I'm pretty clumsy and almost broke the half covers when trying to figure out where it needs to be cut by placing it as far as I could over the valves.

The driver side seems to need alterations as well as the passenger side, but I can't seem to figure out exactly where to cut without ruining the covers :roller:

Thanks for the help in advance!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Go to the section Interior Discussion/Modifications (on this forum) and look for the thread: half covers. Hope this thread can help you with your install. I'm thinking about getting does covers for my R/T and asked the question about installing them and where to cut/grind, and the members responses to my question help me out. So check out the thread and again, hope that the responses on the same can help you out intalling your covers. They sure clarified the question I had.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I don't have pics handy at the moment, but where to grind/trim can depend on whether you have 6spd manual or the auto.

I have the auto and had to reroute PCV breather line on passenger side cover in order to have it sit flush. Also had to trim-off a support post at the front end of the driver side cover, and am still working on a solution to fit the breather line from stock intake under the driver side cover. If you have an auto, I believe that you need to trim a spot to accept the auto trans dipstick on the passenger side.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read that thread and it sorta helped but not really. I'm a bit of a dummy and need visual aid. The driver side is no problem I get it but if someone would be able to take off their modified passenger side cover and snap a few pics to see what mine should look like that would be awesome

Mines an auto yeah so need to reroute the house on the passenger side but if feels like if I pull it out I won't be able to get it back in as tight. Just nervous with this mod is all, don't really have a background in precision work

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
From what I understand the autos have to notch the passenger side cover in order to clear the transmission dipstick tube. I have a 6spd so the covers went on for me with very little modification. All I had to do was re-route the driver side PCV line to my intake, I didn't have to worry about the passenger side since I already had a catch can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts