Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
57 Posts
You would need a reducer from 3 to 2.25 welded in and some of the mid pipe removed. A good exhaust shop should be able to do it no problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would need a reducer from 3 to 2.25 welded in and some of the mid pipe removed. A good exhaust shop should be able to do it no problem.
The only issue is that the stock RT catted pipe uses clamps to the piping, the new one will be welded. The 392 headers outlet is 3" correct?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about the headers, but the catless mid pipe for the 392 headers is 3". If you got the correct reducer and took it to a good exhaust shop they could shorten the mid pipe the correct amount and weld the reducer to the mid pipe. It would then slip into your stock cat back.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about the headers, but the catless mid pipe for the 392 headers is 3". If you got the correct reducer and took it to a good exhaust shop they could shorten the mid pipe true correct amount and weld the reducer to the mid pipe. It would then slip into your stock cat back.
Ah okay so the mid-pipe stays on as usual just cutting some of the ends of the mid-pipe and welding the reducers on will allow me to slip it on to the stock piping and still using the stock clamps?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Those will work and are way less expensive than new.
Wow, I'll seal the deal. The catless mid pipes, with the 392 Headers plus reducers for the custom exhaust I have which is 2.5" piping after the Dynomax mufflers will be perfect. I'll change the pipe size from the end of the catless pipes to the beginning of the Dynomax mufflers as only that small part is 2.25"
Need to make sure tho.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, I'll seal the deal. The catless mid pipes, with the 392 Headers plus reducers for the custom exhaust I have which is 2.5" piping after the Dynomax mufflers will be perfect. I'll change the pipe size from the end of the catless pipes to the beginning of the Dynomax mufflers as only that small part is 2.25"
Need to make sure tho.
Looking at it again, you need to ask if those mids are for a 392. He ad doesn't say for sure.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at it again, you need to ask if those mids are for a 392. He ad doesn't say for sure.
Mid pipes came off of a charger scat pack with the 392(6.4L),
Cat back came off of 09 srt8 with the 6.1

So I'm guessing only the mid pipe will work here with the 392Headers?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
57 Posts
That mid pipe would work, with what we talked about before. The mid pipe for a stock R/T won't work. The 392 headers are longer and the stock R/T pipe won't fit.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've upped my budget to $800 now so what would be a great longtube header + connection pipes under this budget?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would just take the headers to your exhaust guy and have them bend you up some mid pipes. Why purchase pipes just to have them modified?
But then I wont be able to connect the 02 sensors as the threads wont be on the new bent mid pipes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have Titanium ceramic coated JBA long tubes with catless mid pipes. That is out of your price range. Install is a real pain.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay heres what i have in mind, to get JBA shorties with 3" collector diameter but with SRT mid pipes with cats and reducers from SRT to the stock RT pipes will that work?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
6 Participants
sr71cbx
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing