Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm not positive, but I don't think you can mix SRT/392 and R/T parts.
No worries, do you know what cat4ward means in the shorties?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just that, they are shorty headers. Just how JBA decided to label them.

Like a cat back. It doesn't remove the cats, just forward of the cats
And the header ports on the engine are D port right or O port?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Stock older R/T exhaust is 2.5". Some of the newer ones have the same 2.75" exhaust that the scat packs have. The cheapest route would be to buy R/T JBA shorty headers or the Hooker Blackheart shortys PART# 70302301-RHKR . They would bolt right up to your stock catted mids. If you want to get rid of cats Id just go long tube. It makes the exhaust sound way better. The cheap ones are OBX or pacesetter and you can get them with mid pipes for like $600 on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Im buying a set of used 392 headers for my 13 RT and JBA catless pipes, question is, will this JBA pipe fit onto the 392 headers outlet and into the inlet of the stock R/T piping after the cats? https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/jba-2965sy/overview/year/2013/make/dodge/model/challenger
short answer No

392 headers have a larger 3" collector and different flange position than what 5.7s are

this is why different OEM mod pipes are needed between 5.7s and 392 engines

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed a full SRT factory exhaust on my '12 R/T w/5.7 engine, used the shorty factory headers and the SRT mids w/cats & O2 bungs in the correct places, and installed a 3" Flowmaster American Thunder SRT cat back exhaust system. Everything bolted right up, used factory header gaskets w/hi-temp silicone around the ports to seal completely and cat back pipes went right on hangers and fit perfectly. Headers are a BEOTCH to do on these cars for sure, took most of a day per side to install them. o_O
End result is that my Challenger definitely woke up with this exhaust mod and it cost me less than a grand to do, and will pass a smog test with flying colors. Gets a best of 27 mpg on the highway with factory tune, 93 octane tune in the works in the near future.
Keep us posted!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
6 Participants
sr71cbx
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing