Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got pair of these blacked out emblems from SteveWrightParts, and was going to rebadge my SRT Core. These are the same size as the usual red & black & chrome SRT fender emblems.

You can see in my avatar that it has a 392 decal on the fender, but nothing on the hood. I was thinking of putting the HEMI part on the hood, and maybe replacing the 392 decal with the 392 emblem on the side.

But, kinda wondering if there is a "proper' way to badge a Challenger, or whatever.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

- Danner

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
HOOD!

That is where they belong historically. That is where they look good. That is where they are SEEN. I will get some too.

The VIDEO proves this:
After viewing the video...it is CLEAR that classic "Challenger" lettering needs to go where the current badge is. The 392 belongs on the cowl. SRT bubba's F'd this up.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
34 Posts
392 Hemi

I figure that these are long gone BUT do you have info as to where I might be able to get some of these? Thanks ! ! !

If you want something for your hood I have these. Made from billett aluminum not plastic. They have never been used and are self-adhesive. PM me if you are interested...

·
Registered
947 Posts
I got pair of these blacked out emblems from SteveWrightParts, and was going to rebadge my SRT Core. These are the same size as the usual red & black & chrome SRT fender emblems.

You can see in my avatar that it has a 392 decal on the fender, but nothing on the hood. I was thinking of putting the HEMI part on the hood, and maybe replacing the 392 decal with the 392 emblem on the side.

But, kinda wondering if there is a "proper' way to badge a Challenger, or whatever.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

- Danner

So what did you end up doing?

I also have a Core and was torn about adding some HEMI callouts on the hood, like my old R/T had. All the first gen R/T Challengers had engine callouts on the scoops, so it seems fitting. And even Dodge said the Core was a "blank canvas" for customers to make their own.

But the more I dwell on it, the more I'm leaning on leaving it factory as the whole point of the car is no frills, bare bones, and less is more. Just the 392 sticker is unique and separates itself from other models.

I wish Dodge had put something on the Power Bulge hood, then I won't have to worried about it!

You can't go wrong either way. Post some pix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts