Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Has anyone seen a 392 Hemi emblem for the hood?
Ask and you shall receive. :)

First and foremost is one of our Challengertalk site sponsors.

Danko Old School Custom Emblems | Danko Reproductions
Danko Reproductions - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

And here's some other guy.

Got a new Chally? How about a retro style emblem with good 'ol CUBIC INCHES on the hood!!!! 345HEMI (5.7 liter), 370HEMI (6.1 liter)
How about the NEW 6.4 LITER! Get an old school 392 HEMI emblem on the SRT!!!!
www.customautoemblems.net

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I actually have my buddy making me two for my hood now. He is doing 392 HEMI. The 392 will be chrome, and the HEMI red. He is doing the 392 as three separate pieces, and he is keeping the HEMI tight so we don't see the black connector pieces holding the numbers and letters together. Hopefully by next week he will have them done.

I would have him PVD finish these, but you can't PVD red.

·
Registered
129 Posts
for me, it would be a bit of an overkill to have the 392 HEMI on the fender AND on the hood.

but that's just me. like 'Oz1' said, a 470HP one would be cool. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do you guys think this is too much? I mean the hood emblem and the fender emblem?
Yes, go with the hood scoop emblem and trash the fender emblem.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think I'm going the other route. I'm going to remove all SRT and 392 badges and put an SE emblem on it. Nobody wants to play when they see 392. Smart folks will look at the interior, brakes, and exhaust and know what they are tangling with. I would put R/T emblems on but those run pretty darn hard also, especially if someone puts a good tune on them.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I think I'm going the other route. I'm going to remove all SRT and 392 badges and put an SE emblem on it. Nobody wants to play when they see 392. Smart folks will look at the interior, brakes, and exhaust and know what they are tangling with. I would put R/T emblems on but those run pretty darn hard also, especially if someone puts a good tune on them.
I would love to do the same with an SRT. Nobody builds sleepers anymore.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I ordered two 392 Hemi hood emblems today with my MOPAR bucks. I was running out of things to get and needed to spend so I added these. I will see what they look like but I don't really see myself putting them on the hood. I think it will be overkill. Once I can get my hands on some 6.4 Hemi decals like the 12 Charger SRT8, I will consider adding those.

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Dadstoy simply pulled his badges off the fender, dropped the HEMI and threw just the "392" on his hood.

looks great in person, but i don't have a good picture to back it up.

these are the only pictures i got....

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Dadstoy simply pulled his badges off the fender, dropped the HEMI and threw just the "392" on his hood.

looks great in person, but i don't have a good picture to back it up.

these are the only pictures i got....

I like this idea a LOT...hmmm I think I will do the same once the Charger emblem comes out that says "6.4L HEMI" and put it on the hood...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey RS, I know this may seem like a silly question but... Is that a pic of the current fender emblem - or is it a pic of an in-Production-about-to-be-released-secret-prototype-FOR-THE-HOOD-jobby?
Yes this is the factory fender emblems. I bought an extra set just like this and put the 392 on the back left side of the spoiler and didn't touch the hemi. The 392 looks good on the back. People get scared early though.

They have been on sale on ebay since last summer. Same quality.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sweet. I want to put "392 HEMI" on the hood of my soon-to-be-purchased SRT and delete the fender emblems. I wonder however, if the "392 HEMI" is a slight bit too BIG on the hood. The way the hood emblems fit on the vintage Challengers is just "right"

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sweet. I want to put "392 HEMI" on the hood of my soon-to-be-purchased SRT and delete the fender emblems. I wonder however, if the "392 HEMI" is a slight bit too BIG on the hood. The way the hood emblems fit on the vintage Challengers is just "right"
the 392 looks perfect but i am not sure about the HEMI. i would just put the 392 on the hood

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts