Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Scat Pack 6.4L, the engine half covers have "Powered by SRT" on them. I bought a set of 392 HEMI covers. Does anyone have a good picture of the drivers side front cover of the 392 HEMI cover? Mine looks like someone cut off the lower portion of the cover that hangs down in front of the valve cover. I contacted the vendor I bought them from, they are being resistant to replace it, they are saying Chrylser changed the cover so it doesn't hang over the front.
I'm hoping to find out is this normal or did someone actually cut off part of the cover.
Post a picture if you have one please! I'll post a picture of what I have shortly.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, they must have changed them. I'm just being too picky, I was expecting them to look like the cover damnincooltom pictured. Thank you everyone for posting the pictures and information.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I just received my two "392 HEMI" covers from Steve White...looking at the new ones, looks like the old ones just lift off and you push the new ones on. Anything else holding these in? Just wondering before I start pulling and possibly rip a camshaft up with it. :wink3:

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
978 Posts
Nope! That's it... easy peasy. There should be two "posts" if you want to call them that on each side that the openings on the underneath of the covers will rest on, then push down slightly and you'll feel them seat onto the posts. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,268 Posts
two version, the early had a relief cut at the front for the power strg pump, on 2014 and up models, Dodge went to electronic over hydraulic and the mechanical pump was no longer necessary
the difference was the need for additional clearance for the power strg pump
need to look at our inventory to confirm

pretty sure the part number you need is 5038543AE not the ad version

Luke

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
two version, the early had a relief cut at the front for the power strg pump, on 2014 and up models, Dodge went to electronic over hydraulic and the mechanical pump was no longer necessary
the difference was the need for additional clearance for the power strg pump
need to look at our inventory to confirm

pretty sure the part number you need is 5038543AE not the ad version

Luke
Yep, I must have the mechanical pump set, I don't think the price of shipping for a return will be worth messing with, guess I'll stick with what I have. Thank you for checking and the knowledge! Greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
sold each
Luke
Luke, Can you please post both part numbers and their respective links, for the left and the right sides for a '15 Scat Pak?
Or are they the same, and I would simply need to order two?
Thx!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Luke,

We know the p/n for the driver's side is 5038543AE, $71.63 for 2015 Scat Pack cars (and likely others).

Please verify that the passenger side is 5038543AD $49.97.

And is CHA1 still a good discount code?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
My apologies for butting in here... but this is the same topic I suppose... I'm looking for a half cover that is completely black... devoid of verbiage.. The lines on the top are fine, but no 392 Hemi. Just plain.. If anyone knows of anything please post or send me a PM. I already know of the one from the metal ones from 3gcustomz. OK, carry on!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,959 Posts
My apologies for butting in here... but this is the same topic I suppose... I'm looking for a half cover that is completely black... devoid of verbiage.. The lines on the top are fine, but no 392 Hemi. Just plain.. If anyone knows of anything please post or send me a PM. I already know of the one from the metal ones from 3gcustomz. OK, carry on!
Have a look

Valve Covers 08-up Dodge Challenger

A Guy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts