Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this while searching:

Its price is $16.00.I don't know if is made for the fenders or for the hood as the description was not clear. It looks like it is made for classic car restoration projects but it will definitely look good on the hood of the new challenger (if it fits).

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to seller's site. Search for "392 HEMI MOPAR DECAL KIT" and you will find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is what I did with one of the two that I ordered with my MOPAR bucks. They are in the MOPAR catalog. Honestly, I don't think these would look too great on the hood and definitely not on the fenders. I would go with emblems for the hood.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I did with one of the two that I ordered with my MOPAR bucks. They are in the MOPAR catalog. Honestly, I don't think these would look too great on the hood and definitely not on the fenders. I would go with emblems for the hood.
That looks great. The problem is that I did not find any "392 Hemi" hood emblem.

I wonder if that will look good on the spoiler of a redline challenger. Maybe the "HEMI" part will not be much visible.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Noticed your driver's side exhaust tip is a bit crooked, mine were too.

Just an FYI you can adjust them with a 1/2 inch socket, right under the tip off to the right side is a nut that when loosened allows you to rotate and move it up, down, left and right.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Noticed your driver's side exhaust tip is a bit crooked, mine were too.

Just an FYI you can adjust them with a 1/2 inch socket, right under the tip off to the right side is a nut that when loosened allows you to rotate and move it up, down, left and right.
Thanks. I adjusted the exhaust tip about two months ago lol. It's good to go now. I took this pic within the first couple of weeks after I brought her home. I've had the windows tinted and a few other things done since then.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That looks great. The problem is that I did not find any "392 Hemi" hood emblem.

I wonder if that will look good on the spoiler of a redline challenger. Maybe the "HEMI" part will not be much visible.
I've seen a few people with the 392 emblems and they look good. I don't know where they were purchased. I plan on holding out and getting the 6.4 Hemi emblems that will be on the 2012 Charger SRT8. I'm going to put those on the hood...should look killer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've seen a few people with the 392 emblems and they look good. I don't know where they were purchased. I plan on holding out and getting the 6.4 Hemi emblems that will be on the 2012 Charger SRT8. I'm going to put those on the hood...should look killer.

Hey Stoned.

Do you plan to remove the 392 HEMI emblems from the fenders and add the 6.4L HEMI ones to the hood or do you plan to keep both? Seems the 6.4 ones, as cool as they are, would be redundant with the 392 emblems. And.. if you just go with the 6.4L, doesn't that go against the whole 392 cubic inch - back to basics/away from metric/inaugural edition/return of the 392 HEMI thing? I keep thinking about putting the 392 HEMI badges on the hood, but think they look awesome on the fenders, so I've stayed put. I'm not a fan of adding 470hp badges to the hood (which would be inconsistent with any HP gains from future mods, and the supposedly underrated power these beasts have). Just curious, bro. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
392 emblem

This is what I made. I have a small vinyl business (not trying to solicit). I didn't like that from the back you didn't know that it was the 392. The 6.1's looked the same from behind so I came up with a way so everyone would know. Here are the pics, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey Stoned.

Do you plan to remove the 392 HEMI emblems from the fenders and add the 6.4L HEMI ones to the hood or do you plan to keep both? Seems the 6.4 ones, as cool as they are, would be redundant with the 392 emblems. And.. if you just go with the 6.4L, doesn't that go against the whole 392 cubic inch - back to basics/away from metric/inaugural edition/return of the 392 HEMI thing? I keep thinking about putting the 392 HEMI badges on the hood, but think they look awesome on the fenders, so I've stayed put. I'm not a fan of adding 470hp badges to the hood (which would be inconsistent with any HP gains from future mods, and the supposedly underrated power these beasts have). Just curious, bro. Thanks.
I'm not certain yet. I do like the 392 emblems on the fenders. I considered both (keeping the 392 and adding the 6.4) but that would probably be overkill. I guess only time will tell lol. I get bored and like to switch things up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is what I made. I have a small vinyl business (not trying to solicit). I didn't like that from the back you didn't know that it was the 392. The 6.1's looked the same from behind so I came up with a way so everyone would know. Here are the pics, let me know what you think.

Looks good...

·
Registered
211 Posts

Very nice touch :bigthumb: Did you consider using an oem red 392 fender emblem without the Hemi? That would look great too. I have the script Challenger emblem there and really like it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I did think of that. I found one set for around $25. But I do own this cutter I wanted to see how it would look with just vinyl. Plus this is the cheapest way and looks good.

Very nice touch :bigthumb: Did you consider using an oem red 392 fender emblem without the Hemi? That would look great too. I have the script Challenger emblem there and really like it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
So I changed the 392 badge on the back. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very Nice!!! I like it better than the first version.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Thanks me too. It just jumps out at you now.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
JV,

Awww yeah! :)

Damn shame I couldn't border my existing stripes.. Black, Red and Silver just go together like PB&J!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts