Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm doing wheel hubs (paint) and splash guards today. Can Heminator or any else in the know verify these points for jack and stand. I know it's a fix it item (moderators) but I can only find info. from 2009 challengers. Which is the reason I posted in this forum, thanks! The Point I'm most concerned about is the spot for "stand" in the rear which is approx 4-5 inches forward (see pics) from jack point.....help please! I want to do it right and today. THANKS for any input. - Dino

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yes, those are the spots. On the actual frame to the inside of those tabs. Use a custom cut piece of wood on your jack shoe such that the wood fits exactly inside the metal area and is not touching any plastic parts (which might crack under the load).

My jack shoe is too big and was touching those plastic areas and also the car sits so low that the wood piece helps space the jack arm away from the outside edge of the car.

Never put any part of your body under the car or wheel hub unless the car is also held by a jack stand. I didn't use a jack stand to do my mudflaps, but I didn't put any part of my body under the car either. Bottom line never trust just a jack to support the car if you are under any part of it. Safety first.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Actually the two round big chunks of plastic in the back are also jack points (the pieces that stick down).

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I'm doing wheel hubs (paint) and splash guards today. Can Heminator or any else in the know verify these points for jack and stand. I know it's a fix it item (moderators) but I can only find info. from 2009 challengers. Which is the reason I posted in this forum, thanks! The Point I'm most concerned about is the spot for "stand" in the rear which is approx 4-5 inches forward (see pics) from jack point.....help please! I want to do it right and today. THANKS for any input. - Dino

I see no problem with this in this forum. Your question is IE specific.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.