Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to set this up, but it might be pretty neat to see how many of the special editions are going to each state.

Mine will be in Pa.

Rob

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Haha! I hope I don't offend any of my southern brothers.... mine is heading to Alberta!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
PA here. Somebody should keep a tally. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine is going to Newport Beach, CA. There are four others that my dealer ordered so it's for sure that there will be at least 5 in Orange County. All 5 of these are in D status so it might be awhile before I can drive mine. Seems unfair since mine was ordered on the first day of ordering and my build priority is 99. Well, no one said life was fair. Just venting. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
PA here.

... already tried to get the "392 HEMI" license plate but its taken.

Ray

WI here

392 HEMI was already taken in WI also!, but i got HEMI 392...plates are sitting in my basement right now...i ordered them 6 weeks ago to make sure i got them

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
To New Wilmington Motors in Pennsylvania first before I pick it up and trailer it to Arizona.

I have no idea what roads you will be traveling, but if you come I-80 through Omaha, I will find a way to meet with you on the way through.

Oh yea, Nebraska will have a white one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
San Francisco CA here. :)

I have another question, is there anyone else out here in the Bay Area that I could compare pricing with? Stevens Creek is saying +5k over MSRP and that Dodge just exercised their right to raise the MSRP by 1.4k.

Super excited about the car but feeling a bit played ATM.

Iskondi

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

I have another question, is there anyone else out here in the Bay Area that I could compare pricing with? Stevens Creek is saying +5k over MSRP and that Dodge just exercised their right to raise the MSRP by 1.4k.
Sounds like pure B.S. to me. Salesmen are weasels. You need to get facts and call him on it. I can tell you that if you have facts on your side and threaten the dealership's reputation you will probably win. There is nothing more important to a dealership than a "good reputation", and if you catch them in an outright lie and call them on it, they will almost always capitulate.

I had a friend do this successfully when buying a car. He had another friend who was a dealer look up what they paid at auction for the car he wanted. He began haggling and was able to catch the salesman lying about their cost (the guy inflated it by several $1000 no less), he called him on it and was able to then negotiate from cost up w/o any more B.S.

It sounds like they're doubling their hold back and taking you for a ride on top of that.

MSRP is about 8% profit already--about $3500. Add another $5k and that takes it to over 20% profit. That is just ludicrous these days. He should be thankful just to get the 3% from invoice. Especially where you ordered it--no salesman had to work to make the sale, and they don't have to use up any lot space since you'll presumably pick it up the day it's delivered.. they aren't really doing anything to even earn it, IMO. Furthermore, if you finance it, there's profit built into that already as well.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I have no idea what roads you will be traveling, but if you come I-80 through Omaha, I will find a way to meet with you on the way through.

Oh yea, Nebraska will have a white one.
10-4 Goehner. Keep you updated on the route. I'm sure we can arrange to hit Nebraska. I asked Bob if he would hold it until the weather was clear. No problem there.

Just got back from a round trip to Kansas. 2 trips up and back to Alaska this year pretty much wore me out :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

Super excited about the car but feeling a bit played ATM.

Iskondi
why would you pay $5k over msrp? i wouldnt pay $1 over msrp....they are making more than enough at sticker...find another dealer. im buying mine from 4 hours away...im paying them to trailer the car to my house...$300 to trailer it is alot cheaper than $5k...buy it from another state if you have to...sounds like most of us are getting the car for under sticker...very few are paying sticker or over...$5k is the most ive heard of over sticker...its not 2008 anymore

1 - 20 of 87 Posts