Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Priced Order Confirmation sheet (POC) from my dealer and noticed on the lower right side of this sheet,it reads, Build Priority: 99.
Did the rest of you that have ordered the 392 IE get this sheet ?. If so, what is the number on yours where it reads Build Priority. I was just trying to figure out if this is just a code or am I going to have the 99th 392 built. Possibly ResumeSpeed has the answer?

·
Registered
528 Posts
From what I understand, the build priority is set by your dealer, and "99" is a neutral back-of-line priority.

The build priority is based on the next customer to move up from BX/BG to C, depending on how many allocations your dealer has. For example, if your dealer has two allocations, but three buyers, they will set two of the customers to Priority 1 and 2, with the third remaining at 99. Once the order goes into "C" status, the build priority no longer has meaning.

So, if you order is not at a minimum of "C" status, you might want to ask them to move up your priority.

There's a sticky in one of the forums that defines the status codes (e.g., BG, C, D1, F, JB)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got two completely different answers from "No Brakes" and "Phinatic", so I'm back to square one. Who and what should I believe? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not sure where NoBrakes got his info, but I based my information from what I remember of Venthos' posts. He's the creator and administrator of VinWin. I would search for some of his threads to verify for yourself.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I mixed up, 99 is priority for non sold orders.. I am a dealer.

Sorry, I just checked into it with the DSM, 99 is a set default priority when a order is put in. Priority 1 is the code for sold order and to be top priority, however if your name is on the order and its in 99 code it will still show as sold. Myself I wouldn't risk it call your dealer and get them to put it in as priority 1.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mixed up, 99 is priority for non sold orders.. I am a dealer.

Sorry, I just checked into it with the DSM, 99 is a set default priority when a order is put in. Priority 1 is the code for sold order and to be top priority, however if your name is on the order and its in 99 code it will still show as sold. Myself I wouldn't risk it call your dealer and get them to put it in as priority 1.
My Scheduling Priority reads: 1-Sold Order.
I think I'm ok.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have 2 POCs, one was for the car I order at the dealer. The other is for the one I bought at a different dealer. The one I ordered the Build Priority was 01, the one I bought the Build Priority was 99.

Build Priority 99 was order on 3/8/09, built on 3/31/09, delivered to dealer on 4/13/09, picked up by me on 4/14/09.

Build Priority 01 was ordered on 1/29/09 was delivered to dealer on 9/14/09. I had a lot of fun for those 5 months. :)

I think I'm ok.

I also thought that but if you look at the above line that is not the case.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I have 2 POCs, one was for the car I order at the dealer. The other is for the one I bought at a different dealer. The one I ordered the Build Priority was 01, the one I bought the Build Priority was 99.

Build Priority 99 was order on 3/8/09, built on 3/31/09, delivered to dealer on 4/13/09, picked up by me on 4/14/09.

Build Priority 01 was ordered on 1/29/09 was delivered to dealer on 9/14/09. I had a lot of fun for those 5 months. :)

I think I'm ok.

I also thought that but if you look at the above line that is not the case.
You cannot compare like that. You could have been waiting for parts in order to build on your first car and second one there were no delays present... The only way to compare would be to order the exact same car on the exact same day with only the order codes differing. The one that is a sold unit will be built quicker..

RS: Do you know when the 392 Canadian cars will be built? I am told I will get mine delivered in March.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The one that is a sold unit will be built quicker..
This may be true, however the dealers can get around this.

I know of one dealership that ordered several Magnum and Charger SRT8s with "fake" sale orders. Dodge could/should have caught on to what they were doing because a lot of the orders were placed by dead movie stars and musicians.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Dead giveaway

This may be true, however the dealers can get around this.

I know of one dealership that ordered several Magnum and Charger SRT8s with "fake" sale orders. Dodge could/should have caught on to what they were doing because a lot of the orders were placed by dead movie stars and musicians.
Using Elvis Presley would be a 'dead' giveaway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts