Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the thread about inaugural's by state and started to hijack that thread which wasn't my intension.

Long story short is I'm dealing with a dealership here in the San Francisco Bay Area where i reserved one of the 392 inaugural editions. Guy im talking with there is saying it's 5k over MSRP and then told me that Dodge raised the MSRP by $1400. Several folks in the other thread said it's BS with varying responses.

Long story short, I wanted to know if there was anyone else out here in the SF Bay Area and what they might have seen regarding pricing.

I also wanted to know whether or not the Dodge manufacturer upping the MSRP by $1400 on ALL of the 392 inaugural edition preorders is true or not.

Sooo I was told the MSRP is $46165 and that now it's $47565 + 5k over that. *Sigh* feel like I'm being taken for more and more of a ride.

Soooo if anyone else is out here in the SF Bay Area, I'd appreciate the insight. :)

Thanks in advance everyone!
Iskondi

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm not from SF but...

In '06, a local dealership I had been dealing with was going to order me one of the "new" Charger SRT8s. Long story, short, when the order books opened, they told me that I'd have to pay a $5k "markup" to order the car. I walked and found another dealer to get the car for me.

Now that the dealers are getting their orders confirmed for their '11 IE Challengers, I can see them trying to do what your dealership is trying to do. Limited numbers means "get all the profit you can". So, to all those out there, BE WARE if you have no deal in writing.

iskondi, I hope you get something worked out. If all else fails, maybe try BF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
at the beginning of 2010 I was looking to get a detonator yellow r/t classic, I looked all over California and at the time only a few dealerships had them. I dealt with Bakersfield, no deal, they didn't want to work with me at all. I went to Visalia, they had sold out by the time I drove there, and I went to Dinuba. The guys at Dinuba had a very large selection and they love stocking the challengers, they even had a hurst special edition srt at the time which was awesome but out of my price range. They gave me a good price and would have given me an even better price on some of the other models they had there but I wanted yellow. So It wouldn't be crazy to get a hold of those guys. I called and he quoted me a price slightly cheaper than the sticker over the phone, and then when I drove down there, they stuck with the price, didn't try to change it or add anything. Dinuba is just north of Visalia, south of Fresno.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Call Paul Stevens

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the thread about inaugural's by state and started to hijack that thread which wasn't my intension.

Long story short is I'm dealing with a dealership here in the San Francisco Bay Area where i reserved one of the 392 inaugural editions. Guy im talking with there is saying it's 5k over MSRP and then told me that Dodge raised the MSRP by $1400. Several folks in the other thread said it's BS with varying responses.

Long story short, I wanted to know if there was anyone else out here in the SF Bay Area and what they might have seen regarding pricing.

I also wanted to know whether or not the Dodge manufacturer upping the MSRP by $1400 on ALL of the 392 inaugural edition preorders is true or not.

Sooo I was told the MSRP is $46165 and that now it's $47565 + 5k over that. *Sigh* feel like I'm being taken for more and more of a ride.

Soooo if anyone else is out here in the SF Bay Area, I'd appreciate the insight. :)

Iskondi
You need to shop around more, but if you want one heck of a bargain, and first rate customer service, call Paul Stevens from Classic Madison Dodge, Madison, OH. He could possibly have the car drop shipped to a dealer in your city. Or even if yuo paid say $800.00 to have the car shipped from his dealership, your still saving from the price gouger sucker in your location. I paid $2K under invoice for my FF SRT8 six speed. Cell phone at (440) 667-5992. Or call him at the dealership at (888) 286-0094. He is not marking up "ANY" Dodge car over MSRP.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
anyone who pays "over msrp" for anything these days is either crazy or rich or both.....imo of course:notallthere:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Success!

Hey everyone!!

Thank you all so much for your prompt and helpful replies!

The winning locale for me ended up being Dinuba, I spoke with a guy at Jim Manning Dodge there named Steve, they had one unallocated 392 IE with the options I wanted for $500 over MSRP.

I talked with Bob Frederick who was an incredibly stand up guy and was working on tracking one down for me and then I talked with Andrew Sallach from Baxter Auto Omaha, he had IE's coming in at MSRP and was phenomenal to work with, however, getting the car from there to here was going to end up costing more than the more local markup over MSRP.

All in all it worked out very well. When I canceled my order with Steven's Creek Dodge the fellow James that I was working with said he "wanted to do right" and they were going to "eat" the additional $1400. I said thanks but no thanks.

I now have an IE with my name on it for just over instead of $6400 over and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of everyone here.

Thanks so much!! Super excited. :))
Iskondi

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey everyone!!

The winning locale for me ended up being Dinuba, I spoke with a guy at Jim Manning Dodge there named Steve, they had one unallocated 392 IE with the options I wanted for $500 over MSRP.

I talked with Bob Frederick who was an incredibly stand up guy and was working on tracking one down for me and then I talked with Andrew Sallach from Baxter Auto Omaha, he had IE's coming in at MSRP and was phenomenal to work with, however, getting the car from there to here was going to end up costing more than the more local markup over MSRP.

All in all it worked out very well. When I canceled my order with Steven's Creek Dodge the fellow James that I was working with said he "wanted to do right" and they were going to "eat" the additional $1400. I said thanks but no thanks.

I now have an IE with my name on it for just over instead of $6400 over and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of everyone here.

Iskondi

Congrats! My original agreement was 2k over MSRP and thanks to finding another one and then negotiating I had mine lowered to MSRP yesterday as well.

I still know of 1 DWB Auto for sale in Eastern PA at MSRP if anybody is looking PM me.

They are going to be truly awesome cars but I don't think the IE equipment justifies a higher than MSRP markup.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
no reason they need to pay over sticker in the middle of a recession....the demand for the IE's may not be as big as you may think. most people seem to hate the white seats and since thats the main difference why spend $2k extra for it?....Im not sure the IE will be a hot selling car....save $2k and get grey seats with more options on stripe colors or no stripes at all....

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
All I can say is that as long as people will pay retail, then dealers will continue to get retail. Obvious statement I know...but after three years it amazes me to see it still going on. Good for you guys and gals that can afford to do that, enjoy your new toy when you get it, Happy Holidays for sure.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dang, you are getting me worried. I am eyeing a 2011 black non-IE SRT8 in Jan or Feb and have been talking with James over the past few months in preparation of that. I hope I won't have to deal with any of that last minute haggling! :(

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Dang, you are getting me worried. I am eyeing a 2011 black non-IE SRT8 in Jan or Feb and have been talking with James over the past few months in preparation of that. I hope I won't have to deal with any of that last minute haggling! :(
I doubt you'll have to unless you get an odd ball dealership with one of the limited colors. Some of the dealerships are choosing to bump the car's price way up do to it being a limited production run.

One word of advice, take to the time to browse online through all the dealerships in a 50 or 100 mile radius and see who has the best pricing. When you find one it wouldn't hurt to check on here to see if anybody else has dealt with that dealership.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hey everyone!!

Iskondi
Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end, and glad we could help.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Iskondi
That's not bad the '08s were marked up 30K plus up here in Seattle, they are still asking 5K over on the 2010's

·
Registered
772 Posts
anyone who pays "over msrp" for anything these days is either crazy or rich or both.....imo of course:notallthere:
Or they have an '08 SRT8 and they are broke :werd:

·
Registered
162 Posts
You people buying these Challengers for MSRP better love them and plan on keeping them for at least 3 years, because resale no matter what limited edition, special edition, numbered edition or whatever the edition is will be in the low 30k to high 20k range. Love um or don't buy um.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts