1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The coastal web site says V.3 lockpicks work on 11s and that's the same camera I have and you can see fine with the backup lights on it's just not the same quality as durring the day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Make sure u know how there customer service ( or lack of works). I installed a 550 in my 2010. It had a problem( defect). Their tech support asked to have it returned. No problems, ecxcept here's the catch. If u want a replacement, they make u buy another one, instead of sending it back and having them ship out a replacement. Once they get yours back, they then refund u r money If u try and send the defective one back first they claim it will take up to 30 days to get a replacement. I made the mistake of sending mine back first. I then decided to just get my money back. I already had hours in the install and removal. The back up camera and few features was not worth the potential additional pain if I had another problem. Looked like a cool product though

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my Navtv one works perfect from day one, and the camera is clear day and night.
Jeff
Jeff,
Do you think you could get me a link of the camera you're talking about? Wanted to see the price and compare. Seems a lot easier for me to just get the camera in the kit, or does Navtv make a kit with a lock pick as well?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Anybody know if the 2008-'10 lock picks will be compatible with the MyGig 730N on the 392s? The only real difference is the voice control and I was going to just get this and install it if it is compatible. And is this a good quality camera in the kit?
Dodge Chrysler Jeep MYGIG V.3 LOCKPICK & Backup Camera - eBay (item 170546617974 end time Feb-25-11 20:22:58 PST)
I've heard bad things about the night vision cameras so I wasn't sure.
If you buy from that ebay seller, be prepared for very poor communication and slow shipping. I emailed them more than a week after paypalling them money with my CC because I had received absolutely no communication about my purchase. Received no response at all. Finally, my package arrived, and looking at the ship date it was clear they had not sent the package till after I questioned where it was (over a week after they had received my money). I can't imagine how they would be if you needed to return a defective part....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you buy from that ebay seller, be prepared for very poor communication and slow shipping. I emailed them more than a week after paypalling them money with my CC because I had received absolutely no communication about my purchase. Received no response at all. Finally, my package arrived, and looking at the ship date it was clear they had not sent the package till after I questioned where it was (over a week after they had received my money). I can't imagine how they would be if you needed to return a defective part....
Thanks Butter, I might have to buy from them though. Unless you know of any cheaper sellers? I can't find the same package at all, let alone one for cheaper. I emailed him last night to ask a question and he got back to me within 3 hours.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can get them straight thru Coastaletech but they are more expensive.
Exactly, it's nearly $400 to buy everything from Coastaltech whereas the bundle is about the same price as just the lockpick itself. I sent Coastaltech an email asking whether or not they offer a full package at a discounted rate, hopefully I'll hear back Monday.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe they're really good to their vendors or they just don't come down on the pricing unless you contact them about it. I'll wait to hear what they say on Monday and if it's a no-go on a cheaper price I'll just order the ebay one.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
As long as it's a place that does alot of bussiness on line and you have a problem and threaten to file a complaint thru ebay they'll usually work with you. Their ebay rateing is their bread and butter.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Most use the license plate mount night vision cameras, the other type like i have i got from coastal tech because they were sold out of the license mount at the time. The advantage you get from the ebay sellers is that you usually don't have to pay extra for the multimedia harness that has the camera plug ins on it.

Night vision on mine is fine, it just tends to be black and white instead of color unless in a brightly lit area. Picture quality is actually very good during the day or night. Sometimes you get a line or two of interference at night, but not often, it isn't like it makes it unusable at night. Just not as clear as it is in daytime.

·
Registered
467 Posts
He got back to me right away when I asked a question before the sale. After he had my money it was completely different.
I bought my first lockpick from ebay seller Titaniumcoupe. It was less than $10 more, and he was much better with shipping/communication.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks butterscotch, couldn't find him on Ebay. Do you have a link to the item or to titaniums store?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts