Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the form I’m a Mopar guy and always have been. I have a 2012 srt8 m6 challenger. With 46,000 miles that I literally 2 hours ago (after work) threw a rod out of the side of the block and oil pan in my 392 chally. Kinda bummed but currently drinking some ice cold beers and feeling better now. But curious. Has anyone or does anyone know if. A) has anyone put a hellcat motor in front of a stock 392 m6 transmission or. B) swapped a hellcat motor and tranny into a 392 challenger. Thanks guys so much I’ll post a picture of my new oil drain hole!!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
176 Posts
are you boosted? what kinda mods do you have to put a window on that block? if yes to both, who tune the car?

this is what you need comparable or better than hellcat short block. All the parts should bolt right in.

i've been eyeing this block for a while now for my boosted 5.7 and noticed the price went up a bit.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
To answer your question. I’ve seen a guy out of Michigan put a Hellcat motor in a Scatpack. It was an auto but still it can be done. Also to answer your second question the TR6060 in a Scat is the Sam as the 6060 in a Hellcat. The Hellcat has a better clutch to handle the torque of the Hellcat Engine with S/C. The rear diff in the Cat is a 3.73 vs the 3.92 in your car. Those are the main differences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I thought the gearing in the HC M6 was different than that of the 6.4 and 5.7 which are identical?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It makes since that they would lower the gear sets in the Hellcat 6060. I’m fairly certain the internal parts are swap between the units. Just a matter of how much time and money one has. With boost I can understand wanted a shorter gear set.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Hellcat gears are taller because they are stronger than the shorter set from the 392.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks for the corrected Info. At the end of the day I think I’m going to have a taller first second and third gear set swapped into my 6060.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts