Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We didn't modify the car at Infineon at all. It ran with F1 stock tires and standard premium fuel (91 octane).
The manual and automatic both ran 12.6 flat last week. (temps were a little higher)
The 392 is a beast on the dragstrip -- blast to drive !
Well this fresh off of the lx forums round table with the SRT engineers. I can't wait to drive this damn car :).

·
Registered
2018 SRT
2,643 Posts
Wonder if i can test drive one when they come into my dealer. Hummmmmmmm Maybe i can get a torred one and sneak it into my garage and my wife will never know! She'll think its my 09.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my wife doesn't understand why I am so crazy about this car. She keeps saying it's the same car that I have right now lol.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That question and them saying that was all for now were both at 705 pm, they didn't see that question.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That question and them saying that was all for now were both at 705 pm, they didn't see that question.

Thanks for asking the IE production question TO. :) I didn't want to be the one to ask it. ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^^No problem :), they are pretty good about answering questions so I wasn't worried about fall out from it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well they have the round table once a month so you can ask next month. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well they have the round table once a month so you can ask next month. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed wheel hop.
While I don't have a link or quote for you, I do recall reading somewhere that the primary reason for reworking the rear suspension was to address the wheelhop issue. So, while they may not have entirely gotten rid of it, I would at least hope it's been reduced in severity.

Didn't they say that the auto and 6spd were nearly identical in performance now on the 392?--so they must have done something good.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They reworked the suspension mainly for better handling, Ralph Gilles spoke about it at SEMA.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also, maybe it might be legal reasons as well. They might have fixed it up to their knowledge, but they do not want to say in case someone does get it, they are not held responsible, and/or called liars. just a thought.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^good point

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This car is stout, plain and simple. :armed:

·
Registered
301 Posts
While I don't have a link or quote for you, I do recall reading somewhere that the primary reason for reworking the rear suspension was to address the wheelhop issue. So, while they may not have entirely gotten rid of it, I would at least hope it's been reduced in severity.

Didn't they say that the auto and 6spd were nearly identical in performance now on the 392?--so they must have done something good.
If I remember right, they said something about poor low end torque on the 6.1 but the slushbox washes that out on the auto.

They said with the 6.4, that issue is not present so both trans are fine.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
One place to look for a significant change in suspension geometry is to note the caster of the lower rear control arm mounts on the subframe. If it is significantly more "horizontal" in the new SRT8, that could be (one place) where they dialed-out some anti-squat to better head-off wheelhop tendency.

7,359 Posts
Bingo!!!

I bet your dead on right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny as soon as I dumped my stock goodyear crap tires I never had any wheel hop.
I did notice also they are going with Firehawks on the 392 good move both the issues should clear up wheel hop IMO.

One place to look for a significant change in suspension geometry is to note the caster of the lower rear control arm mounts on the subframe. If it is significantly more "horizontal" in the new SRT8, that could be (one place) where they dialed-out some anti-squat to better head-off wheelhop tendency.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts