Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been out of the mopar scene for the past 5 years after selling my 74 Challenger....
Today I re-joined the living and bought myself a new 392 Challenger... can't wait for the snow to melt and the roads get clean so I can take her for a spin.....

Looking for proformance mods available for the 6.4 to gain a few more ponys

Any ideas or sources would be great

Many thanks

Al

·
Registered
135 Posts
american racing headers.... headers high flow cats x pipe and resonators. Tuning should be available in about a month as well as a supercharger package. I was not told who is releasing this supercharger but im sure more than one vendor is working on it. We all wait with baited breath and wallets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Start

american racing headers.... headers high flow cats x pipe and resonators. Tuning should be available in about a month as well as a supercharger package. I was not told who is releasing this supercharger but im sure more than one vendor is working on it. We all wait with baited breath and wallets.
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions, the exhaust is my first project, I need to feel and hear that Hemi rumble nice and deep as it should, kinda lame stock...

My 74 Challenger had a 425hp 340 with Hooker headers, 3" stainless and a pair of Magnaflows in place of the resonators, let it go and you couild hear that car coming from a mile away...

Second is a cold air system and some programming... when they are available..

I figured alot of the 6.4 mods are in the works, just not seeing much on the market yet...

Thanks Al

attached, my old 74

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
So with 10.9:1 compression and not all forged, how much boost do you think we can run on our 392s?

·
Registered
135 Posts
So with 10.9:1 compression and not all forged, how much boost do you think we can run on our 392s?
I would venture to say 6 lbs to be safe up to a nail biting 8 lbs. but doable with a spot on tune. I think within 6 weeks or less we will see a 6lb kit tested but not fully released. The mapping of the VVT curve is the biggest issue with the tuning right now and until the vendor is satisfied it will not be released. My guess is we will see a conservative 575 RWHP up to close to 600 RWHP roots style blower with some massive torque from 2500 on up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
We have been supercharging the 11:1 Corvette ZO6 for a few years now with great success. Rational boost levels, proper fuel delivery, and OE level calibrations can make anything safe.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Not many mods out right now because the car itself is still so new. That situation will change shortly I'm sure. If you haven't picked up your from the dealer yet here's several things I'd look into if I were you.
1) Mopar accessories Borla catback exhaust system, good for +15hp.
2) Mopar accessories cold air intake (CAI) good for another +10hp.
3) 180 thermostat, your car has a 195 for emission reasons. The 180 turns your cars fans on earlier for increased cooling. You'll need a proper tune to take full advantage of this so...
3) Buy a Diablo Predator and a have a competent shop do a "diablo tune" on your car. Cost around $300 for the unit pluse the tuning but it really wakes your car up for sure.
4) Passenger cabin air filtration kit. This has a Dodge part#82209548. Believe it or not none of our Challengers or other Dodge, Chrysler cars come equipped with this item. Seeings how you haven't picked your car up from the dealership yet, I'd let them do this before you take delivery.
5) Mopar accessories engine strut kit helps keep the your frame from "flexing" under hard pulls.
There are others of which someone will post on here but I think that's enough to satisfy until the aftermarket accessories cavalry comes to your aid. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info

Thanks for the great info, will look into it...

AL

Not many mods out right now because the car itself is still so new. That situation will change shortly I'm sure. If you haven't picked up your from the dealer yet here's several things I'd look into if I were you.
3) 180 thermostat, your car has a 195 for emission reasons. The 180 turns your cars fans on earlier for increased cooling. You'll need a proper tune to take full advantage of this so...
3) Buy a Diablo Predator and a have a competent shop do a "diablo tune" on your car. Cost around $300 for the unit pluse the tuning but it really wakes your car up for sure.
4) Passenger cabin air filtration kit. This has a Dodge part#82209548. Believe it or not none of our Challengers or other Dodge, Chrysler cars come equipped with this item. Seeings how you haven't picked your car up from the dealership yet, I'd let them do this before you take delivery.
5) Mopar accessories engine strut kit helps keep the your frame from "flexing" under hard pulls.
There are others of which someone will post on here but I think that's enough to satisfy until the aftermarket accessories cavalry comes to your aid. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
135 Posts
We have been supercharging the 11:1 Corvette ZO6 for a few years now with great success. Rational boost levels, proper fuel delivery, and OE level calibrations can make anything safe.
Thats exactly what I said. Hopefully your company is one of the ones about to release this product. Except the fact that OE calibrations can make ANYTHING safe. I have installed several of yours, edlebrocks and KB units and just ANYTHING CANT be tuned safe without forged internals on top of everything else that you mentioned. Im sure you agree that 6-8 lbs of boost is all your company or any other reputable will recommend for this stock cast motor. I only make that comment about ANYTHING because some people will take that thinking they can run 20lbs of boost just as long as they have a OE level calibration. No disrespect intended.

With that said sir leak some details!!!! I wont tell anyone.......:browsmiley:

·
Registered
46 Posts
THis stuff is out for the 2010 and the RT versions but not released yet for 2011 392's. No CAI pedator, or Borla yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My IE 392 DOES have cabin filter installed. I believe all SRT models get the cabin filter as standard equipment now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a Cosca Cat Back

Found a Cosca Cat Back, should have it on in a week or two :)

Good start on my mods...

My IE 392 DOES have cabin filter installed. I believe all SRT models get the cabin filter as standard equipment now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts