Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we know what the wheels on the non inaugural edition 392s will look like? The Motor Trend article states that the IE edition wheels are "exclusive" to the IE which suggests to me that the standard production '11 SRT8s won't get those wheels... will they carry over the '08-'10 wheels or perhaps does MT imply in err...?

·
Registered
820 Posts
The current standard 08-10 SRT wheels will be on the 11 SRT 8's. The IE wheels might be an option.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
if you look at the 2011 info thread it shows the IE wheels as being a no cost option on all 2011 srt's...Im still hoping it isnt true, but one member here says he ordered his w/ them

im not happy with Dodge over this issue. They shouldnt have listed it as a special IE item because it appears its not.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Dude get over it... They've been on chargers for years. Its not like they're made special for the inagural edition. I think its great they're offering more options. The more the better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the responses. I've really liked the fact that the 6.1 SRT8 rims are fairly lightweight, ~24 lbs per wheel. I wonder how much the IE rims weight?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes they are a no cost option...also they have been around for awhile the wheel was not made for the IE392 alone. They come from the super bee. Its nice they offer another wheel option for the SRT 8 my hats off to them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't believe the pocket's will be black on the non IE's but it doesn't matter I will be pulling mine off for some aftermarket rims anyway.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Charger Super Bee rims are an option on the '11 392 SRT8 Challengers...
Challenger R/T Classic rims are on option on the '11 Charger R/T...

Hey Dodge, how about Challenger R/T Classic rims as an option for the '11 392 SRT8 Challenger? Make mine staggered... 20X9.5 inches front - 20X11 inches rear.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
The classic r/t rims don't fit over the brembos a couple people have tried. If they released em in staggered, I'd be amazed they don't replace the current ones with it but I'd say theres about a .000001% chance of that happening anyway haha. Theres always the cragar s/s

·
Registered
356 Posts
R/T Classic wheels are 8 inches wide. SRT wheels are 9 inches wide. You wouldn't want to have thinner wheels on your car.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Dude get over it... They've been on chargers for years. Its not like they're made special for the inagural edition. I think its great they're offering more options. The more the better.

they werent on Chargers...they were on SuperBee's (a limited edition)

apples to oranges....yes they stole them from the SuperBee, but thats not the discussion here...

its 1 less special thing about the IE...i bought a IE to be different and now 1 major thing is not. Im sure if i was buying a regular 392 id be thrilled at having 2 options, but ill bet there's a few more IE buyers which are not happy either..

Ill get over it in a few years possibly...

ask any IE buyer here..100 % of them thought we were going to have limited edition rims...when you read the spec's of the differences it lists the wheels. It shouldnt have

If I owned a SuperBee I may not be happy that every new Challenger is going to have my 'special' rims either...

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
The only difference between the charger srt wheels and the superbee wheels was the painted pockets. Same wheel... Its like saying the ff srt has an entirely different wheel from the standard srt. They're another parts bin wheel, not that they aren't great but I really don't think they were ever meant to be "392 only" wheels.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm in agreement with huggytree on this subject.

·
Banned
117 Posts
I'm glad that my 2011 392 Redline will have these wheels. I do agree that they should have made a unique wheel for the IE's.
but they got that great two tone interior which I won't.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They never said limited edition rims they just said forged SRT aluminum wheel with painted pockets. It's sucks but that is just one of the things Dodge does

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
They never said limited edition rims they just said forged SRT aluminum wheel with painted pockets. It's sucks but that is just one of the things Dodge does

they list RIMS under the IE 392 package....are the seats also in the regular srt? why not? what about the dual tailpipe tips?(i know they are the same as the FF )

if it was listed under the 392 IE package it should be unique otherwise why list it there?

any IE 392 owners out there that didnt think the rims would be IE only?

what else on that list isnt unique? every single item on that list is limited/unique.....the rims shouldnt have been listed because there is nothing special about them to the IE package.

just noticed the 392 fender badge is on that list...i assume this is on every SRT too?

atleast i have a mopar sticker included or is that also on all srt's?

dont get me wrong...im super excited to get my ie392....just dissapointed on this issue and a bit irritated...rims are important...looks like the seats are the only major difference now

1 - 20 of 71 Posts