Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a favorite octane booster? I am thinking I will need to carry some on my way back to Alaska this summer when I pick up my GWE SRT from the Idaho dealership . Gas stations are far and few between with limited octanes, on the 2500 mile long Alaska Hwy that goes through Canada.:pimp:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Husky and Mohawk gas stations in Canada have 94 octane gas, but it is with "Up to 10% Ethanol. I use it in my SRT and all my bikes. No issues.

Husky's will be on your route as they are usually also large truck stops. (Unless your taking back roads)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anybody have a favorite octane booster? I am thinking I will need to carry some on my way back to Alaska this summer when I pick up my GWE SRT from the Idaho dealership . Gas stations are far and few between with limited octanes, on the 2500 mile long Alaska Hwy that goes through Canada.:pimp:

PM sent.........

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow 94 octane, Ehthanol? is that ok to run in the new 392?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Torco hands down!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Torco hands down!
Fill it with 87 and keep your foot out of it. And if Diablo has a tuner out by then put the 87 tune on it and drive it however you want. Personally I would be more worried about the rocks that get thrown at you by the 18 wheelers going 80MPH the other direction. I would strongly encourage shipping it or getting an enclosed car trailer.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow 94 octane, Ehthanol? is that ok to run in the new 392?
Never had an issue with it in my 6.1, turbo bike and tweeked Harleys. It's all I run in those because of the high octane rating.

The usual octane rating is 92 in other stations for premium.

It shouldn't be an issue in the 392. Ethanol is like corn whiskey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts