Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a huge fan of the R/T Classic package that was offered on the 5.7 cars and found it strange and frustrating that a trim package like that wasn't initially offered on the Scat Pack R/Ts. As of 2020, Scat Packs and Scat Pack Shakers are being offered with the R/T Classic side stripes at least but when I bought my 2018 Go Mango SP new, they weren't available from the factory. So, I made my own package by adding OEM 392 Hemi shaker badges to my hood and OEM R/T side stripes. I actually like my factory wheels (look the the mags on General Lee from my childhood) so I'm not going to add any aftermarket Cragar SS style wheels to simulate the Heritage wheels previously offered on the 5.7 Classics with the smaller brakes. Here are a few pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
Similar thing that I did - since the '15+ style picks up the '71 model grille and tail lights, I used the '09 - '14 style R/T Classic stripes - as they replicate the '71 style stripe more accurately.

I wanted to replicate what a '71 R/T model with Shaker would have looked like - I haven't done the side scoops...I haven't found any that really had the scale that worked with the modern car.
DSC00376.JPG
790_67_20169241720666IMG_2949.jpg

the '15+ R/T Classic stripes are okay, just not my preference

·
Registered
923 Posts
They’re so Mopar. They fit and look so good on the cars and they’re so classic that I end up loving it when I see it.

Reactions: Iamstubb

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They’re so Mopar. They fit and look so good on the cars and they’re so classic that I end up loving it when I see it.
Thanks, I agree. Even before the Scat Packs and Hellcats came out (pre 2015) I always thought the R/T classics were the best looking models. Even if the SRTs were faster etc. you just can't beat that classic Mopar attitude.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Similar thing that I did - since the '15+ style picks up the '71 model grille and tail lights, I used the '09 - '14 style R/T Classic stripes - as they replicate the '71 style stripe more accurately.

I wanted to replicate what a '71 R/T model with Shaker would have looked like - I haven't done the side scoops...I haven't found any that really had the scale that worked with the modern car. View attachment 994568 View attachment 994571

the '15+ R/T Classic stripes are okay, just not my preference
Looks great! I agree, I think the gills would just break up the lines too much.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's a pic of my '13 R/T that I really missed and a pic of mt SP brand new before I added anything. Now I have the look I like with better performance than my old R/T Plus had.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
675 Posts
Did the same with my "15, went with American Racing Torque Thrusts for wheels, always thought the R/T Classic was the best looking model Challenger, first thing I said to the dealer when looking at it was that thing sure would look pretty with some R/T Classic side stripes & chrome wheels.....

car2.jpg

She's got a more of a black chrome/ gun metal color wheels on her now though, same style & brand a what not, the chrome started pitting after a few years on the Gulf Coast and found a steal of a deal on the wheels from a guy here on the forum. I need to edit the lighting & angle on that 2nd photo, but you get the drift!

car333.jpg

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the same with my "15, went with American Racing Torque Thrusts for wheels, always thought the R/T Classic was the best looking model Challenger, first thing I said to the dealer when looking at it was that thing sure would look pretty with some R/T Classic side stripes & chrome wheels.....

View attachment 995051

She's got a more of a black chrome/ gun metal color wheels on her now though, same style & brand a what not, the chrome started pitting after a few years on the Gulf Coast and found a steal of a deal on the wheels from a guy here on the forum. I need to edit the lighting & angle on that 2nd photo, but you get the drift!
View attachment 995055
Did the dealer add those stripes? That looks great. How bad did those chrome weeks pit on you? I'm in northeast FL and I've thought about an exact set of those wheels. I like my stock wheels so I haven't been too motivated but those are what I figured I'd end up with if I did. The 2nd set looks good too.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 995021 Here is my 2015 that I wish I still had.
That is a sharp looking Challenger. That being said, from what I saw on a previous thread, you have a nice looking white SP now. Not too shabby. You could always add a set of the OEM side stripes like I did. I ordered mine from Steve White Motors.

·
Super Moderator
13,947 Posts
I've always been a huge fan of the R/T Classic package that was offered on the 5.7 cars and found it strange and frustrating that a trim package like that wasn't initially offered on the Scat Pack R/Ts. As of 2020, Scat Packs and Scat Pack Shakers are being offered with the R/T Classic side stripes at least but when I bought my 2018 Go Mango SP new, they weren't available from the factory. So, I made my own package by adding OEM 392 Hemi shaker badges to my hood and OEM R/T side stripes. I actually like my factory wheels (look the the mags on General Lee from my childhood) so I'm not going to add any aftermarket Cragar SS style wheels to simulate the Heritage wheels previously offered on the 5.7 Classics with the smaller brakes. Here are a few pics.

View attachment 994536 View attachment 994537 View attachment 994538 View attachment 994539
Looks great. Have you also considered hood pins or rear louvers to finish off the classic look?

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is a sharp looking Challenger. That being said, from what I saw on a previous thread, you have a nice looking white SP now. Not too shabby. You could always add a set of the OEM side stripes like I did. I ordered mine from Steve White Motors.
Thanks, I haven’t decided on what kind of stripes yet And what color.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great. Have you also considered hood pins or rear louvers to finish off the classic look?
[/QUOTE
I have. I really need to see some louvers in person though. I don't want them to be cheap and plastic. I would like some hood pins but I haven't found a place locally that will mount and drill them. Plus, the Mopar units are not cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts