Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
392 selling for 54000? (pics added)

okay so they finally got the 392 in the dealership down the street so I stopped in to see it in person. I must say the car looks a lot better in person that in the pics, then I noticed the price tag. After all the add ons the price was about 49,000 then it had a seperate tag that read 'Market Adjustment' 5000.00 so the total price was 54,000. What the hell is that all about?

OH HOW I WISH THIS WAS MY DRIVE WAY!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dealer in town here has 2 and both for $1000 off MSRP....never pay over sticker

·
Registered
322 Posts
there is one in texarkana also with the market adjustment at 54485,greedy,greedy:notallthere:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Greedy dealers they just dont get it and probably never will.

I was offered one for $1k under MSRP by Bob from Frederick, watch that poor Chally sit for years at that price. If I did not just get my 2010 for $35k I would have jumped all over that 392 but im happy with my 6.1 and especially for $35k!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Dealer in town here has 2 and both for $1000 off MSRP....never pay over sticker
okay so they finally got the 392 in the dealership down the street so I stopped in to see it in person. I must say the car looks a lot better in person that in the pics, then I noticed the price tag. After all the add ons the price was about 49,000 then it had a seperate tag that read 'Market Adjustment' 5000.00 so the total price was 54,000. What the hell is that all about?
there is one in texarkana also with the market adjustment at 54485,greedy,greedy:notallthere:

What numbers and do y'all have any pics or VINs for those cars? I ask because I'd like to add them to my database...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
The problem is the "gotta have it first" crowd always ends up paying those fees so they can one up the neighbors and this just encourages dealerships to keep doing this BS. I'm in no hurry, waiting to see if there are any first year issues with the 6.4, wishing they would go to an aluminum block and direct injection but not sure if that is in the pipeline.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Get ready to laugh guys and gals....

Here is an upcharge example on a 2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger SRT8....everything on this list is complete bulls**t and fake yet these dealers think its 1981....$4594.00 worth!!!! Chrysler should shut these places down

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Domestic automakers really need to get a stranglehold on their dealerships, this is why they have a bad reputation. I think they should just end the franchise system and go to company owned dealers.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Its 2008 all over again with the intorduction of the limited edition Challengers. But remember its not the manufacturer that boosts these prices, it is the dealer. Some will pay it some like me will not. I waited until 2009 and paid $1000 below the MSRP.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car looks a lot better in person than the pics, like the wheels I didnt really like them but in person they look a lot better.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's the same car! :laugh:
That is strange since that listing is for a car in PENNSYLVANIA and the pic I took is from a car in OKLAHOMA!!:scratchhead:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was at a dealer's in Vancouver WA today and they had an 2010 SRT8 for MSRP ($46000) sitting right next to 2011 models just in. I think it would have been smart to knock a few thou off the asking price. That car must have been sitting on the lot almost a year.

Actually it was a Hemi Orange and it was sitting beside a 2011 Toxic Orange. That totally put me off the Toxic Orange which I'd been considering. The side next to the HO looked nice, reflecting - the rest of the car just looked like a smoggy day in LA.

And on the other side of that was a Tungsten, which can simply be described as dark gray. And no more or less exciting than that sounds.

What ARE the people at Chrysler doing? Man, give me some colors I like...

·
Registered
457 Posts
That is strange since that listing is for a car in PENNSYLVANIA and the pic I took is from a car in OKLAHOMA!!:scratchhead:
I'm willing to bet my left one the dealer in Pennsylvania is trying to sell a car they don't have yet.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Domestic automakers really need to get a stranglehold on their dealerships, this is why they have a bad reputation. I think they should just end the franchise system and go to company owned dealers.
While I do not condone the practice, it is no different than us offering $10k plus off the price of a 2010 model. $10k off is simply a market adjustment in and of itself. Having said that, asking over MSRP for a volume vehicle (which 1100 units certainly is volume) is bad practice and makes the dealers that don't do it just look better in the eye of the consumer. Just remember, they wouldn't charge it if someone didn't pay it, but this is just a short term business model, as that person most likely will not return to them for anything, and they probably ran off a ton of customers in the process that would have provided the dealer much more profit in the long term both in service, parts and future sales.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts