Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find any good cleaning products to keep up the matte black on the hood, roof, and trunk of the 392 T/A?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone find any good cleaning products to keep up the matte black on the hood, roof, and trunk of the 392 t/a?

Be very careful with what you use. I painted my hood, before the new T/A arrived. Loved the look. But after on season of being outside and washing, I don’t like the paint. Going back to White in a couple of weeks. Sorry, can’t be of much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
SRT recommends Dr Beasley, yes it is expensive but it works.

This is is from Dodge on the Demon on which the blackout is all satin paint, no vinyl anywhere unlike T/A. Your owners manual should say something too, download it at dodge.com.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Bump for Dr. Beasley’s. They have both matte paint products for the hood and a matte film ceramic coating kit for the roof & trunk which are wrapped.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have used Chemical Guys Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant after car washes. I used the spray wand wash and spot free rinse to wash the car with no issues. Used the Chemical guys for any water spots, fingerprints etc. and it seems to work well. Only take the car out a few times in winter but can't hand wash in our temps.

I have also purchased Dr Beasley's matte paint coating - haven't got it put on yet - again tough to do in winter. I may try the Dr. Beasley's Final Finish but hoping it is no better than Chemical Guys products. Big difference in price.

I have read to make sure the paint is not hot or in the hot sun. Seems the products will dry to fast to wipe them off and leave streaks. Did mine in the garage with Chemical Guys and no streak problems.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Another bump for Dr. Beasley. I use it on the painted hood and all wrapped areas. I also use it on my trim including the chin. They also make a product for the suede seats that works very well.

Idoono

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Buying the right product is cheap in the end because it you mar the flat finish you’ll hate yourself for being cheap.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I went with Expel "Stealth" PPF over my satin hood to protect it, then wash as normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts