1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Dad ordered the standard ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
F1s are the 3 seasons. I figured that the RSA's wouldn't be good enough in the snow anyway so just got the 3 seasons. Will have to decide to park or keep the winter beater before next fall.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
F1s are the 3 seasons. I figured that the RSA's wouldn't be good enough in the snow anyway so just got the 3 seasons. Will have to decide to park or keep the winter beater before next fall.
Welcome to the forum. Get over to the new member section and introduce yourself.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome to the forums Apex.

If the $100 = F1s then
F1s = True AND Upgrayedd = F1s
Else
F1s = False AND Upgrayedd = $100
EndIf

Err sorry a little IT nerdliness there. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
41 Posts
F-1's are the $100 upgrade. I have them on my current SRT. They call them three season but in reality they are one two, summer, fall. These are rock hard under 40f and really poor traction on wet roads.

I opted for the all-seasons on my ordered 392.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Get over to the new member section and introduce yourself.
Hey Goehner - Your post wasn't directed at me, but since I am a new member, I'll get over to that section and introduce myslef. Thanks for the reminder.

Regarding the tires, my commnet is a little off topic. I ordered the Performance Tire option, but I don't understand why Dodge only offers 255's on the rear. I wish they would have changed the rear wheels on the 392 to 20X9.5 or even 20X10. A 285/40ZR20 would have been a great tire choice for the rears. They would definitely look better and would probably hook up a little better. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey Goehner - Your post wasn't directed at me, but since I am a new member, I'll get over to that section and introduce myslef. Thanks for the reminder.

Regarding the tires, my commnet is a little off topic. I ordered the Performance Tire option, but I don't understand why Dodge only offers 255's on the rear. I wish they would have changed the rear wheels on the 392 to 20X9.5 or even 20X10. A 285/40ZR20 would have been a great tire choice for the rears. They would definitely look better and would probably hook up a little better. Just my .02.
I wish they'd have an option of the exact same wheels as on the concept: 20x9 front, 21x10 rear, alcoa forged aluminum. No wheel since has looked as good IMO.

The ones coming on the 392 look really good, the best so far IMO, but still could go that little bit to be that much better.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the one thing that makes the Challenger look goofy from behind is the small tires...the body is so wide and chunky, like nothing else on the road...it jumps out at you because its so chunky looking....but those tires look very undersized...would have been nice to get some wide tires on the 2011's..

how wide are the Camaro's ? i know the ZR1-Z06 is alot wider

·
Registered
171 Posts
how wide are the Camaro's ?
I was just at the GM dealership yesterday visiting my dad. He took me up on the showroom to look at a new Grand Sport Corvette ($70,000 was sticker :8:) in a really cool blue color...anyway they had an SS Camaro up there and I checked the tire size, 275/40R20 out back.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
God bless you for being a like minded soul...not about the tires, but about an SRT-4 (I have a 2005, black, loaded, 36,700 original miles, super clean that I adore) and a 392 IE (got the Blue with white coming to San Antonio)....

I can't skimp on the all-season tires, as I hope the wife and I get stationed in Germany next, or at least Europe. Gotta have 4 season tires there, or two sets. We will probably pay to ship the SRT-4 over too....ahhh....Hochheimer Ring....Nurnburger Ring....mmmmmm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts