Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with all the secrets? Secret meetings with select dealers; no pricing; no performance numbers. Secrets???

Is Dodge ashamed? Do they feel we won't support them? Anyone understand their marketing ploy? What's up?

Personally, I don't like how they're doing business.
  • No racing! (SRT, HELLO???) [OK, I know about the NASCAR effort].
  • Stupid advertising. (GW chasing Brits, how about Challengers whooping on Mustangs and Camaros)
  • Focusing on Fiats (didn't Fiat fail here in America before?)
If it wasn't for ResumeSpeed and the guys who are able to snap shots on their cell phones...!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
WTF?? They have pricing and cars arriving this week at dealers? Do you live in a cave?

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
What info do you want on the car? We know everything at this point...

Also, the secrecy on dodge's part isn't so much secrecy, its the fact that they sped up their production times amazingly. Think back to the 08s, the reason we knew about them for 3 years is because it took them so damn long to produce.
Now, we knew of the 392 (well alot of us knew for a WHILE now but you get what I mean) for a couple months, and were only about a month away from them hitting the streets. There really isn't much that dodge hasn't released on these cars.
If theres any secrecy at all, it could be because these things are more of a monster than the numbers say right now. So, it goes back to the days of under rating cars ect. They'd rather the car do the talkin

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
here's a link to there site
hemihighway | Red Letter Dodge

Many posts about this on the forum :)

What's up with all the secrets? Secret meetings with select dealers; no pricing; no performance numbers. Secrets???

Is Dodge ashamed? Do they feel we won't support them? Anyone understand their marketing ploy? What's up?

• Stupid advertising. (GW chasing Brits, how about Challengers whooping on Mustangs and Camaros)
If it wasn't for ResumeSpeed and the guys who are able to snap shots on their cell phones...!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What info do you want on the car? We know everything at this point...

Also, the secrecy on dodge's part isn't so much secrecy, its the fact that they sped up their production times amazingly. Think back to the 08s, the reason we knew about them for 3 years is because it took them so damn long to produce.
Now, we knew of the 392 (well alot of us knew for a WHILE now but you get what I mean) for a couple months, and were only about a month away from them hitting the streets. There really isn't much that dodge hasn't released on these cars.
If theres any secrecy at all, it could be because these things are more of a monster than the numbers say right now. So, it goes back to the days of under rating cars ect. They'd rather the car do the talkin
This^^^^, I could buy.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Damn

You sound a little angry bro

·
Registered
820 Posts
I see

I kinda am!! I want Dodge to treat the Challenger like Ford/Chevy does with the Mustang/Camaro. Promote the [email protected] car, will ya!

You really want that? Those cars are a dime a dozen they are making a big push with the new stuff. The cross country trip to show of the Charger and the Challenger the promotion events and 1/4 mile runs. Just because it's not all over television doesn’t mean they aren’t pushing it. They are at the tracks and dealerships bring it to the people, I know a ton of people that have seen the track video or were at the track. They have said they will be buying or test driving the car.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I like the fact its not plastered all over the tv like Mustang or Camaro. Its almost like if you really want one you will find it. Most of the people I have talked to about this car are very passionate about it are also glad they dont pull into a parking lot and see 4 more around them. If Dodge wants to keep it hush hush except on the track the so be it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Where is that poster who would sneak down to the fence at the factory and snap photos of the manufactured cars in the staging area? Is he going to be active next week when the 2011 line starts up?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
But the average person who might want one who hasn't seen it yet finally sees one in person and wants one of the inaugural ones is SOL because there are no more orders being taken.

Is DWB only going to be offered on the inaugural ones of will it be available on the regular production 2011 SRTs?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
If Dodge wants to keep it hush hush except on the track the so be it.
What track is Dodge putting cars on? Besides NASCAR, I'm not seeing official factory-backed Challengers and Chargers cars on a track... unless they're racing other Dodges.

I'm waiting for Dodge to call out the competition and spit in their face.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
What track is Dodge putting cars on? Besides NASCAR, I'm not seeing official factory-backed Challengers and Chargers cars on a track... unless they're racing other Dodges.

I'm waiting for Dodge to call out the competition and spit in their face.
Infineon Raceway last week, remember the rock?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Goehner what day is your Hot Rod arriving?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts