Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess the "market adjustment" shenanigans are back for 2011. This car is listed by a dealer just South of me. I pulled up the window sticker on dodge.com and the sticker MSRP is $49,640. Now that's a market adjustment! Same dealership has a '10 SRT listed as "Go Mango Orange". Never seen that as a '10 color so I pulled the sticker on it... Hemi Orange. Guess the dealership has trouble reading the color on the window sticker.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
WOW if they think they can get 85K for #347 I should sell my #2 for 100K that I payed sticker price for what a joke.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW if they think they can get 85K for #347 I should sell my #2 for 100K that I payed sticker price for what a joke.
Wow, you got #2 !?! That's fricken awesome.

·
Registered
560 Posts
These dealerships that pull this BS need a reality check, trying to sucker someone into buying a car well over sticker, it not only takes the fun out of it for a prospective buyer, but inadvertantly makes all buyers think they are way out of they're price range..for some joker who thinks he can make a quick buck! bunch of dummies!

·
Registered
891 Posts
This thread is funny.

Americans want capitalism, democracy, greed and freedom of blah, blah in their everyday lives, they live it, preach it, dream about it and send troops to fight for it, but when someone else tries to climb to the top of the pile, everyone is jumping up and down. Very, very ironic (and hypocritical) to me...

NO, I am NOT the dealer selling the car. Don't know him at all. Do I think he's justified in his price? Are you frickin kidding me? As a former retail store owner, its disheartening to see this crap, but I can guarantee, 90% of Challenger owners on this site would sell their car in a New York minute for that price. If the dealership finds a live one, and gets their price, fly at 'er...

This is retail. This is life in the 'developed' Western world. Thanks to the OP, obviously a lot smarter than that, and wanting to warn others, but realistically, there are plenty of people out there with more money than brains. Unfortunately, there are times retailers need to try these 'shenanigans' now and then because of the low markup in the marketplace. Remember, capitalism and morality are not related in any shape or form. You may not 'like' what he is doing, but legally he has every right...

Not justifying, just being objective...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
"There is a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

The add also claims that the Challenger offered for sale has 482 hp. :scratchhead:

·
Banned
675 Posts
I wonder if I gave him $90,000 if he'd hold it for me

·
Registered
629 Posts
This thread is funny.

Americans want capitalism, democracy, greed and freedom of blah, blah in their everyday lives, they live it, preach it, dream about it and send troops to fight for it, but when someone else tries to climb to the top of the pile, everyone is jumping up and down. Very, very ironic (and hypocritical) to me...

NO, I am NOT the dealer selling the car. Don't know him at all. Do I think he's justified in his price? Are you frickin kidding me? As a former retail store owner, its disheartening to see this crap, but I can guarantee, 90% of Challenger owners on this site would sell their car in a New York minute for that price. If the dealership finds a live one, and gets their price, fly at 'er...

This is retail. This is life in the 'developed' Western world. Thanks to the OP, obviously a lot smarter than that, and wanting to warn others, but realistically, there are plenty of people out there with more money than brains. Unfortunately, there are times retailers need to try these 'shenanigans' now and then because of the low markup in the marketplace. Remember, capitalism and morality are not related in any shape or form. You may not 'like' what he is doing, but legally he has every right...

Not justifying, just being objective...
Not sure what you think you are trying to say or why you think this thread is funny at all. You obviously don't understand Americans if this is what you think of us.

Most have no issues with some one getting ahead, making a buck or 2, only when some one does it by taking advantage of others does it bother us. Sure it happens, doesn't mean that we tolerate it or like it to happen. There will always be some one attempting to take advantage of others. That's not just an American trait.

But we do have the freedom to find these people and call them out on it. That's as American as it gets - freedom of speech. That's not being hypocritical at all. And again, if that's what you think, then you don't know us at all!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is retail. This is life in the 'developed' Western world. Thanks to the OP, obviously a lot smarter than that, and wanting to warn others, but realistically, there are plenty of people out there with more money than brains....
I guess the difference between your beliefs and mine is I don't feel it is right to try to screw somebody just because they don't have the knowledge everyone else does. I guess if you call a plumber, but know little about plumbing, I guess in your world you deserve to be screwed. Same if you call an electrician. I guess you don't think a retailer has any obligation to be honest or fair.

Sorry, but I DON'T live my life with a "screw anyone you can" attitude.

·
Registered
432 Posts
But we do have the freedom to find these people and call them out on it. That's as American as it gets - freedom of speech. That's not being hypocritical at all. And again, if that's what you think, then you don't know us at all!
Exactly. The dealer has the right to ask 1 zillion dollars for that car if he wants to. And the rest of us have the right to tell him exactly what we think of his price.

·
Banned
407 Posts
now i didn't look over the listing all that well, but didn't see any line saying market adjustment: 35k...if it does then nevermind...but do you think it could have been that 8 & 5 are close on the number pad and some fat fingers hit $85k instead of $55k?

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
That's nuts. Anyone who pays $85k has money to burn!

It still amazes me that Dodge got rid of Bob Frederick's dealership and kept tools like this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Exactly. The dealer has the right to ask 1 zillion dollars for that car if he wants to. And the rest of us have the right to tell him exactly what we think of his price.

I would like to add a little to this if I could.

A private owned convenience store/gas station in my local neighborhood jacked fuel prices up to 4 bucks a gallon the afternoon of 9/11. (4 bucks is kind of looking standard now, but was twice the price then) The neighborhood collectively stopped buying anything from them. They had lowered their prices back in line with everyone else in a matter of a couple of days but the damage was done. Nobody ever went back and they where out of business in 2 months.

As Americans, we have the ability to charge whatever we want but we also have the ability to buy (or not buy) from whomever we want.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts