Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I would rather see the 392 Hemi in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would rather see the 392 Hemi in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I would rather see it stuffed under the hood of my R/T :bigthumb:

Scott, you want to give me a hand with the install ??? :browsmiley:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow, just wow!!! That would be interesting if they did this.

The Definitive Car and Auto News Blog - Exhaust Notes - MSN Autos

Here ya go, comes with a 5.7, 6.1, and if the 6.4 isnt in there its coming soon. I got to drive one and it was awesome, they are put together extremely well. When you step on the gas the beast just about leapt of the ground. The engine looked like it was made to go under the hood. Dont quote me on this but I think Jeep may be working with them in some sort of capacity. The one I drove had a 5.7 and was priced right around $76K.

American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Suspension Systems, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I stopped a Mopar/Chrysler engineer this past winter as he was travelling up north to do some winter testing. We talked some about his work and what not.

During our conversation I asked him when could I get a Hemi in a Wrangler Unlimited. I told him I already have one with the 3.8L V6 w/6spd and the only way I'd be upgrading (trading in) was if I could get a V8. I'd be thrilled with a 5.7L with an automatic.

He told me never. I was like "Really, why is that?" He said because it was too much power for the vehicle. I really couldn't accept that knowing the aftermarket has been doing it for years. I'd think that with all the modern day electronics (TC, limiting power in lower gears, and other safety features) I don't see how this couldn't be successful. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Srt8 Cherokee 392 will be available in 2012. Should start seeing them late summer. Thinking of trading in my suburban... Especially after the srt track experience. The old srt8 Cherokee was a beast, awesome monster.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
just my own opinion, I think all the jeep vehicles are soccer mom cars. hate them because everytime I see one there is a soccer mom speeding down the road running her mouth on a cell phone and tailgating. All they need is a more powerful motor so they can run down the road as fast as their mouth is running on a cell phone.

I was in 4 accidents in 2000, 3 out of the 4 of them was a version of the jeep soccer mom car that ran a red light or stop sign because they were running their mouth instead of paying attention.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
That's the only way I'd own another Jeep Wrangler is to get a Hemi under the hood. Factory, no offense to the aftermarket, but I like warranties...

My wife absolutely loves Wranglers and we had a four door stickshift one for two years. That thing was an turd to drive on the road. The engine felt like a damn lawnmower when merging, the trans was so spongy I regularly missed gears and while I liked the looks, it was uncomfortable to drive.

I know I may be crucified by the Wrangler folks on this one, but even the Pentastar won't make me buy another one. Now, with 350+ horsepower, they may have a return customer.

So if they come out with a SRT or just offer the 5.7 in it, I'll definitely take another look.

·
Registered
191 Posts
just my own opinion, I think all the jeep vehicles are soccer mom cars
Well, I can tell you for sure that neither my 2000 Jeep Cherokee or 1985 Jeep CJ7 are "soccer-mom cars". I share your damn pain regarding inattentive drivers yacking away on their cell-phones however.

If Chrysler offered a 392 Wrangler I just might think about trading in the R/T. In many ways, a 4WD vehicle with some towing capacity suits my current lifestyle better than a "muscle car". They better beef up the drivetrain of the Wrangler and offer a stick with no MDS as well.

I looked into the 5.7L Grand Cherokee and thought about pulling the trigger on that. Still hate the auto trans and MDS though.

But yeah, a 392 Wrangler with 6-speed, limited slip and two-speed transfer case?

That would totally rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts