Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a oil catch can. I did read it is not as needed for a 3.6L as for bigger engines but always better than no catch can as i understand
Because i do not want to drill holes (make irreversible changes) and could not find the good place under the hood i decided to draw a 3D printable mount.

For now i am happy with it, did connect the hoses today and time will tell if this design holds up. It is quit firm so i think it will.
Time to share the design, so others can make use of it.

Catch can is a AliExpress buy.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
381 Posts
Next oil change, open that catch can. You will see it is just as needed for the 3.6.

Also, oddly enough, I was planning to move mine exactly there and have been toying around about making a bracket, and well, here one already is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, oddly enough, I was planning to move mine exactly there and have been toying around about making a bracket, and well, here one already is.
Nice, hope you enjoy it! i might do some little changes to keep it easy printable and make it a bit more stable.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
So how's it working out? Any warpage on the mount from engine heat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problems at all. best test should come this summer with full sun exposure while driving....

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
Yeah, I made a custom phone mount and thought I overdesigned it but nope, warped on a slightly hot day, and it's useless now. Summer will tell.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
I think I did. I didn't think it would get hot enough to be a problem. And again I see now what I did wrong. Worked perfectly for a few days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i print a lot of car parts most of them in PETG, that holds up good. ABS might be a good choice to, that is not always as easy printable as PETG

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
I mostly print PETG and PLA but this will most likely be ABS. Ill just have to move the printer to the garage and keep those fumes out of the house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts