Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
VERY NICE!!! 3G delivers quality work again!!!!! Are you leaving them or powder coating/painting them? Color?

·
Registered
274 Posts
How's the fit on those. Been looking at them for a while at their website, but was not sure about the fit. You just use the factory bolts to keep them in place? They look good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They fit well, I did not use the factory bolts, They happen to be the studs that are used to hold the engine cover down. I retapped the holes, ( easy does it,plastic) and used a chrome plated button head bolt with chrome washer and a nylon washer under that to protect the finish. Had them powder coated w/2 stage powder coating.
Carbon fiber film for the cut out back ground.
Some mods had to be done for the K & N FIPK breather hose other than that not a thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Very cool, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
274 Posts
They look really good. Where did you get the bolts and washers from? What size are they? By the way what strut tower brace are you using, looks good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
They fit well, I did not use the factory bolts, They happen to be the studs that are used to hold the engine cover down. I retapped the holes, ( easy does it,plastic) and used a chrome plated button head bolt with chrome washer and a nylon washer under that to protect the finish. Had them powder coated w/2 stage powder coating.
Carbon fiber film for the cut out back ground.
Some mods had to be done for the K & N FIPK breather hose other than that not a thing.
Im about to order these also. I was planning on painting them myself but just out of curiosity, what did it cost to get something like this powder coated. Never had anything do so Im clueless as to what it costs. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts