Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt stand the silver, and the half silver/black trim pieces. So I wrapped them with some 3m wrap that I had. I definately like the look. If you plan on doing something similar watch the you tube videos to get an idea. Any way here are some pictures of the steering wheel, center console and shifter trim. I also did the inner door handle but didnt take a picture.

Attachments

·
Banned
484 Posts
Looks awsome man. Please post the link to the utube video that u watched. Ive been wanting to do this to inserts on my sterring wheel.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Looks great for sure.. but when I priced that stuff.. Geez Louise I can buy real carbon fiber cloth cheaper! Of course I can't just stick on real carbon cloth!

Find any place that sells that stuff reasonably? looked like $190 for a 48x48 inch piece!

·
Registered
116 Posts
carid.com did my whole interior for less then what guys are paying for 3m and its simple peel and stick and looks really good

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EEROK732 post up pics of your car id interior. My 3m mod cost me about $15 bucks and looks great. And isn't a thick piece of plastic. Not knocking it. Ibought that kit for my ram and didn't like it. So I didn't install it.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
gopack,

Yeah did that... found insanely high prices.. (as posted before). No worries, when I am ready I will find a supplier.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
while I'm not a fan of the CF look that looks like a great install job...clean and professional looking :bigthumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
This looks wonderful, I am doing this this week. thank you for the pictures you provided

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
I did the same thing to my magnum a couple years ago.
I paid similar prices to the op, bought the material off eBay.
It's held up well, no issues.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nice and clean install!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice installation job. I tried the Rvinyl dash kit and was not happy with it. The pieces didn't fit all that well and even though I cleaned the surface per their directions, I have a couple of places that have lifted. I really like the look and have been planning to try the exterior wrap. Did you use the wrap II or the wrap III product?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts