Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AmarilloAreaMopars.com has set the date for the 3rd Annual Chrysler's in the Canyon for Saturday October 15th 2011. Will post more details as they become available. If you have any questions post them here or check the club site.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
That's an awful long way from central Texas, but I'd love to make it if I can.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an awful long way from central Texas, but I'd love to make it if I can.
Would love to have you join us, as well as anyone who owns any Chrysler product of any year. Also I have made that drive numerous times and it is about eight hours give or take. Once all the final details are out I will get them posted. Thanks again for your interest

·
Banned
903 Posts
Please keep us posted on this event, I am going to try real hard to make it. I have never been to Palo Duro Cnayon but have heard alot about it and seen alot of pic's, this gives me a real good excuse to make the trip. LOL!

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is the Second year in a row that the day for this, coincides with All TX LX!! I wish the date was different because I would sure love to make both...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please keep us posted on this event, I am going to try real hard to make it. I have never been to Palo Duro Cnayon but have heard alot about it and seen alot of pic's, this gives me a real good excuse to make the trip. LOL!
Thanks for your interest in our event, hope you can make it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the Second year in a row that the day for this, coincides with All TX LX!! I wish the date was different because I would sure love to make both...
I hate it that the dates conflict. It looks as though our event is always going to fall on the 3rd Weekend of October. I myself would also like to attend the All TX, as well as some of them making the trip here. Maybe one year they will be on seperate weekends. Also keep up with the club as they are also going to have the 2nd Annual MAAD (Mopars At Amarillo Dragway) this year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are about five months out. After a couple of guy's made it to Mopar's at the Strip hopefully we will have some Magazine coverage of the event. We had 84 vehicles last year and are hoping to break the century mark this year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little over 2 month's out. Just got back from the Midwest Meet in OKC. What a great event with alot of nice rides. Hopefully some will make the trek to Palo Duro Canyon in October.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Fifth Season Inn Located at 6801 I 40 W has set aside room's for our out of town guest's for 64.00 a night plus tax. These are either 2 queen or a king Garden Atrium Room's. These room's have been renovated within the last 2 years. Also included in the rate is a Complimentery Hot Breakfast in the morning. Other amenities included indoor pool/hot tub and onsite lounge. There are several Resteraunts withing walking distance of the Hotel( Outback, Pizza Hut) and within a mile to the West there are other great dining choices(Saltgrass, Logan's,Country Barn, The Plaza) and Westgate Mall. When booking your room tell them you are with Chrysler's in the Canyon to get the rate. The phone number is 806-358-7881. If you have any problems ask for Lindsay Hopper.

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
I'll be driving from Albuquerque, anyone else in New Mexico going to this show?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Labbie from the Charger forums is coming over from there. Not sure if anyone else is coming with him. Coyote from ChallengerZ is headed this way also.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is some self serve car wash addresses for those traveling from out of town. There are three that are in close proximity of the hotel. The first is at 1710 S Western, the other two are on 45th ave, one is 3400 45th(just west of I27 on north side of street) other is 4604 45th(Between Western and Bell on north side of Street). For those that will need one in Canyon there is one between 8th and 9th Ave(just west of 23rd st). Also we are asking that if you are planning on making the event but have not RSVP'd please do so, that way we will know how much food to have available and we would love to know what and how many cars we are going to have. Thanks Jody

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Two weeks away from the 3rd Annual Chrysler's in the Canyon here in Amarillo Texas. As of today we have 109 vehicles headed our way. If you are planning on coming and have not RSVP's please do so at Amarillo Area Mopars that way we have enough food for everyone. Also need to know how far it is from home for the Long Haul award.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One week out and now up to 120 Vehicles. There look's to be around 40 2008-11 Challenger in which we have one of every color. Also for those that also appreciate the old muscle cars we also will have a one owner 69 HEMI Dodge Daytona, a B5 Blue Plymouth Superbird, two T/A Challengers, one AAR Cuda and numerous others.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE and Dinner

For those that will be in town by 600pm we will meet at Fifth Season's Inn 6801 I40 west. About 630pm we will go on a short cruise to dinner. We will go east on I40 access road to Bell, turn north on Bell to 9th, east on 9th which turns into 6th(RT66) to Georgia, south on Georgia to I27, south on I27 to Hillside, west on Hillside to Bell, south on Bell to Jorge's Mexican Bar and Grill(6001 Bell). We will park in the church parking lot on the south side of Jorge's If you need any information you can pm me for my cell number. Thanks Jody

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Can't wait!! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For those that are coming to the Chrysler's in the Canyon 3. See you tonight and tomorrow. THANK YOU Jody

·
Registered
466 Posts
great videos
thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts