Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: there is some unsavory language in the attached clip. I apologize in advance for that, but in my defense I was asleep and didn’t know what had just happened.

1. While driving us home from an oft-visited out of town location, I realize I am in danger of falling asleep while driving, and let Mrs. Nuke take over so I can get a little rest.

2. While riding along in the passenger seat, I am finally able to slip into a light slumber but not yet into a full sleep.

3. Mrs. Nuke passes through Bluff Dale, TX and forgets(?) to slow down going over the railroad crossing on the north side of town, subsequently slamming my car into the roadway and jarring me awake suddenly and violently.

------

Surprisingly, that exact scenario has played out 2 times in the past with us, and now again for a 3rd time, just today.

I know there is a point that I can safely assume she's no longer being absentminded and just merely doing it on purpose.

What I don’t know is, have we reached that point yet??

If not, when??

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I can relate cuz my 'ole hometown roads are horrible on my lowered SPS.

I'm sure you mentioned to your significant other the RailRoad sign "should" have been a warning. I can only imagine how that constructive feedback was taken. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can relate cuz my 'ole hometown roads are horrible on my lowered SPS.

I'm sure you mentioned to your significant other the RailRoad sign "should" have been a warning.
In my mind, the previous two times this happened at that same spot should have already burned something into her brain by now. And so it is my humble opinion that merely seeing the "Bluff Dale City Limit" sign should be enough to get her to slow down in anticipation of that railroad crossing.

But that's my mind, and it was apparent long ago that her mind and my mind do not work alike.

I can only imagine how that constructive feedback was taken. :giggle:
I stopped the video capture to quickly to capture it, but there was an attempt made at learning from the experience...it went something like this:

Bacon Hauler - "<BANG>"

Nuke - "<BLEEP>"

Mrs. Nuke - "Well you know how we could resolve that whole problem, don't you?"

Nuke - "I'm glad you can recognize that your driving IS the problem there."

Mrs. Nuke - "No! If YOU were driving, that wouldn't have happened."

I really, really wanted to point out that if I had been driving, I would have likely nodded off already while driving and run us off the road or into oncoming traffic. Neither of which is preferable to bottoming out, I will admit, but if I had my drothers, I'd rather not endure any of the three!

But I bit my tongue instead. That's just not the hill I want to die on right now...pun intended.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,880 Posts
NOTE: there is some unsavory language in the attached clip. I apologize in advance for that, but in my defense I was asleep and didn’t know what had just happened.

1. While driving us home from an oft-visited out of town location, I realize I am in danger of falling asleep while driving, and let Mrs. Nuke take over so I can get a little rest.

2. While riding along in the passenger seat, I am finally able to slip into a light slumber but not yet into a full sleep.

3. Mrs. Nuke passes through Bluff Dale, TX and forgets(?) to slow down going over the railroad crossing on the north side of town, subsequently slamming my car into the roadway and jarring me awake suddenly and violently.

------

Surprisingly, that exact scenario has played out 2 times in the past with us, and now again for a 3rd time, just today.

I know there is a point that I can safely assume she's no longer being absentminded and just merely doing it on purpose.

What I don’t know is, have we reached that point yet??

If not, when??
She's telling, in the manner of all females, that she would like flowers and dinner out more often. If you remember, in the past I suggested a couple of restaurants in your neck of the woods that would put you in her good graces...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,348 Posts
Women...nothing is by chance...all calculated ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
511 Posts
Haha something mine would of said. But just shows she isn't paying attention to the signs let alone the road lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's telling, in the manner of all females, that she would like flowers and dinner out more often. If you remember, in the past I suggested a couple of restaurants in your neck of the woods that would put you in her good graces...
I remember, yes, I do remember...

in fact...if I didn’t know any better...I’d swear that ...your intractable, predictable position on this subject is proof of your true identity...

I have suspected this for a while, but now I’m certain of it. You’re caught, time to come clean with everyone.

In real life, you are in fact Mrs. Nuke, and this @Gila Hemi moniker is simply a burner account you created to keep tabs on my online activity here at CT, isn’t it?!?

That’s fine though, I stand by the accuracy of all the posts and replies I’ve made here in which you were mentioned or discussed.

It makes me feel hollow and sad on the inside that you feel I would betray our relationship and say things behind your back that you need monitor by secretly creating an account and interacting with me as if you’re someone else.

I said it at our wedding, and I’ll say it again now - I love you just as much as I’ve ever loved any one of my favorite vehicles...not more than a cumulative total of love for all my favorites, but definitely equal to any one of them.

Also, just in case you plan on continuing to perpetrate this fraudulent activity, keep in mind that I have access to the dash cam’s footage from all of yesterday’s trip. And I am not afraid to go back and pull more examples of your driving to show the world just what its like when you drive my car.

Remember that line of 7 trucks you ran up on just outside of St’ville? You know, the one with the grey dually that had the pink bow tie on the tailgate bringing up its rear???

Yeah, that one...don’t make me go pull the video showing how you passed the first 4 in a flurry of law breaking and blatant disregard for human life, and then doubled down by passing the remaining 3 going around that blind corner at > 110 mph.

...cause I will if I have to...

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need a dash cam pointed at her and see if there is a sinister smirk before it happens.
I tried that once, but there must have been a camera malfunction or something, because she didn’t appear anywhere in the resulting footage. It’s like she was invisible - everything else is there, except her.

The minister at my church thinks that proves she’s an unholy entity sent here to destroy me and take my soul back to Hell...as if!!

Besides, what would HE know about Heaven and Hell, it’s not like he’s an ordained...oh crap, n/m...

Abort! Abort!
Mayday! Mayday!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's done on purpose, of course. She didn't like the fact that you got to snooze while she had to drive. Pretty simple...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,668 Posts
Next time she may jump out just before the train goes through that crossing.......and the camera will coincidentally be turned off! I'd sleep with one eye open while she's driving.;)

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's done on purpose, of course. She didn't like the fact that you got to snooze while she had to drive. Pretty simple...
DING! DING!
You, sir, just won the internets for today.
Congrats!!

Also, you may be in danger now...I told Mrs. Nuke you agree with me, and then she got that look in her eyes (thousand yard stare?), then the room suddenly smelled like ozone, and all I remember after that is her flying out the door with my keys in one hand and a tire iron in the other.

I came to 5 minutes later in pool of my own sick, naked from the waste down, and holding an empty bottle of scotch...

Oh lord, it’s starting again...no...No, NO!!

“Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...-“

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I remember, yes, I do remember...

in fact...if I didn’t know any better...I’d swear that ...your intractable, predictable position on this subject is proof of your true identity...

I have suspected this for a while, but now I’m certain of it. You’re caught, time to come clean with everyone.

In real life, you are in fact Mrs. Nuke, and this @Gila Hemi moniker is simply a burner account you created to keep tabs on my online activity here at CT, isn’t it?!?

That’s fine though, I stand by the accuracy of all the posts and replies I’ve made here in which you were mentioned or discussed.

It makes me feel hollow and sad on the inside that you feel I would betray our relationship and say things behind your back that you need monitor by secretly creating an account and interacting with me as if you’re someone else.

I said it at our wedding, and I’ll say it again now - I love you just as much as I’ve ever loved any one of my favorite vehicles...not more than a cumulative total of love for all my favorites, but definitely equal to any one of them.

Also, just in case you plan on continuing to perpetrate this fraudulent activity, keep in mind that I have access to the dash cam’s footage from all of yesterday’s trip. And I am not afraid to go back and pull more examples of your driving to show the world just what its like when you drive my car.

Remember that line of 7 trucks you ran up on just outside of St’ville? You know, the one with the grey dually that had the pink bow tie on the tailgate bringing up its rear???

Yeah, that one...don’t make me go pull the video showing how you passed the first 4 in a flurry of law breaking and blatant disregard for human life, and then doubled down by passing the remaining 3 going around that blind corner at > 110 mph.

...cause I will if I have to...
I am not your Mrs., and I'll have you know that she did not, I repeat, did not hire me to entice you into spending exorbitant amounts of money on her not a birthday days and arbor day...

She blackmailed me...

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Broom missing too? ;-)
HAHAHA!!

Nice...although a little brazen I feel like.

I mean, she did try to stab me once in a fit of blinding rage. I survived, obviously, but I’m here to tell you, Mrs. Nuke don’t f**k around. She will make redemptive anyone that transgresses her...real or imagined transgressions, don’t matter, they all get dealt with...with extreme prejudice :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not your Mrs., and I'll have you know that she did not, I repeat, did not hire me to entice you into spending exorbitant amounts of money on her not a birthday days and arbor day...

She blackmailed me...
ouch, that’s bad news for you then...she’s like the mob - once she compromises you to the point of blackmail, you are hosed. There’s no getting out from under it after that.

The “favors” you have to perform will become increasingly more depraved and felonious. And with each task’s completion, she will have amassed even more dirt to hold over your head to further the blackmail schemes.

The best advice I can give is to go scorched earth right off the bat and see if you can out-crazy her. Tell her you have the perfect spot to dump some bodies and request to pick up any she’s been stockpiling for later dismemberment.

You’ll have to follow through with the corpse disposal of course, but you just might catch her off guard long enough to make a run for it.

I suggest somewhere in the mountains, and really cold. She’s never been much on freezing cold, mountainous terrain.

Also, if you do try this Hail Mary, and my mangled, lifeless body ends up being one of the corpses you’re asked to disappear, do me a favor and play some Alice In Chains while you’re tossing my limbs and torso into the abandoned well (Or where ever you choose to dump me)...something off their MTV Unplugged album if possible...

RIP, me??

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried that once, but there must have been a camera malfunction or something, because she didn’t appear anywhere in the resulting footage. It’s like she was invisible - everything else is there, except her.

The minister at my church thinks that proves she’s an unholy entity sent here to destroy me and take my soul back to Hell...as if!!

Besides, what would HE know about Heaven and Hell, it’s not like he’s an ordained...oh crap, n/m...

Abort! Abort!
Mayday! Mayday!

You don't think...….?

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't think...….?
I don’t even want to think about what kind of trifecta of evil might oppose me if she’s managed to conscript demons, ghosts, and poltergeists to keep tabs on me (and dole out retribution it seems) when she can’t be around.

<shudder>

This could literally become a battle of biblical proportions!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ouch, that’s bad news for you then...she’s like the mob - once she compromises you to the point of blackmail, you are hosed. There’s no getting out from under it after that.

The “favors” you have to perform will become increasingly more depraved and felonious. And with each task’s completion, she will have amassed even more dirt to hold over your head to further the blackmail schemes.

The best advice I can give is to go scorched earth right off the bat and see if you can out-crazy her. Tell her you have the perfect spot to dump some bodies and request to pick up any she’s been stockpiling for later dismemberment.

You’ll have to follow through with the corpse disposal of course, but you just might catch her off guard long enough to make a run for it.

I suggest somewhere in the mountains, and really cold. She’s never been much on freezing cold, mountainous terrain.

Also, if you do try this Hail Mary, and my mangled, lifeless body ends up being one of the corpses you’re asked to disappear, do me a favor and play some Alice In Chains while you’re tossing my limbs and torso into the abandoned well (Or where ever you choose to dump me)...something off their MTV Unplugged album if possible...

RIP, me??
This is from before they got put in chains...
BTW, Nita is my fav-o-rite!!!

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is from before they got put in chains...
BTW, Nita is my fav-o-rite!!!
Here’s a semi-related anecdote I would have never remembered in a hundred years if you hadn’t posted an Alice Cooper video:

The year was 1991 or so, and me and my best friend were in my room watching an Alice Cooper concert that had been broadcast on the previous Friday night on NBC or something but which I had recorded with our VCR for subsequent viewing. All of a sudden, right in the middle of his performance of School’s Out, my mom and one of her co-workers comes home and they see what we were watching. My mom didn’t care, but the co-worker was much more concerned with our salvation as it turns out.

She asked us to stop the tape and listen to her for a minute. We did and gave her our undivided attention, because you know, we respected our elders back then. And she proceeded to let us in on a little secret...

“Do you boys know why his skin looks all pasty like that?”

“Make-up or something?”

“NO! It’s because THE DEVIL drained all the blood out of his body!!”

“We didn’t realize that, thank you for telling us, we won’t watch any more of the concert”

But you know what, we waited until they left, and then we totally watched the rest of that concert! And the Judas Priest one I had recorded after that!! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts