Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And my car won't start.

I get the idiot light message Power steering assist off, please service. Call the dealer ( very helpful ) and the tech says most likely low battery. Gave me the number for roadside service and should be here in 15-20 min. If they get the car started, it's going right to the dealer.

Car is driven weekly and very well taken care of. So far I'm impressed with how fast FCA is handling this.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from the dealer. Car is staying over night. They think the battery is shot. Should have the car back by noon tomorrow if all goes well.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Hopefully that’s all it is, keep us posted.

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery was shot. Given a new replacement. Dealer took care of everything at no cost to me, even the uber from and to the dealer.

Reactions: fyrdude

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Nice, glad to see it worked out. Seems quite a few power issues cropping up lately.

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, glad to see it worked out. Seems quite a few power issues cropping up lately.
Seems like the newer batteries are garbage. A RAM owner on another forum had a 3 year old battery crap out as well. His previous battery, of the same maker, lasted 13 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts