Registered
300 Posts
All wheel drive?

·
Registered
2016 SXT Plus
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't be hard to do since Dodge already has all the parts for the Chargers on the shelf. They already match up to the Challenger.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There's a reason FCA doesn't offer the AWD option on V8 cars......

This isn't a "concept" anyway. It's a custom one off build that cannot, and will not ever be built by FCA. You will never be able to buy this off the lot.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not sure about the front grille surround striping. Looks like it just ate a bag of Cheetos or something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
...and.

You didn't give the reason. Legitimately curious.
Why not? They did as recently as last year and the Charger HEMI Pursuit can still be had with AWD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
FCA never gave a reason. They just said no. My buddy with a Charger Scat Pack tried for months to get them to make his Charger AWD, and they denied it the whole way. Their only excuse given was that none of the V8 cars can have AWD. If you want more you'll have to talk to them.

Fortunately you don't have take my word for it. Go ahead, and call FCA. When you call them tell them you want to order an AWD V8 Charger/Challenger . See what they say..

·
Registered
826 Posts
There's a reason FCA doesn't offer the AWD option on V8 cars......

This isn't a "concept" anyway. It's a custom one off build that cannot, and will not ever be built by FCA. You will never be able to buy this off the lot.
isnt that what a concept is?

Reactions: sbct6

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
I think they will bring the V8 AWD back and it will be on Challenger too. It's just easier to manage traction and put the power to the ground and they already have the Jeep stuff available. What are we talking for weight? 200 lbs? Hellcat would still be heavier so not a big deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
299 Posts
If they did do AWD on the Challenger I think it would make up for the weight if they used the 6.4L. But considering the Charger weighs a couple hundred pounds more then the Challenger I don't see it making such a big difference for the Charger. I like the idea but I don't think FCA is up for it. They would be making their middle weights(Scat Pack/SRT) too close to the heavy weigh(Hellcat), and they'd have to make the heavy weight better. Which in turn shuts out the Viper. They'd have to change their entire line of performance vehicles to make room for one. FCA is not going to do that with the death of V8's right around the corner! I don't think they will anyway but I've seen much, much crazier sh!t happen. So who knows?

·
Registered
2016 SXT Plus
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FCA never gave a reason. They just said no. My buddy with a Charger Scat Pack tried for months to get them to make his Charger AWD, and they denied it the whole way. Their only excuse given was that none of the V8 cars can have AWD. If you want more you'll have to talk to them.

Fortunately you don't have take my word for it. Go ahead, and call FCA. When you call them tell them you want to order an AWD V8 Charger/Challenger . See what they say..
Well Yeah. of course it isn't available now. It's not an option for this model year. They don't just make exceptions to the rule in the middle of a model year. But that doesn't mean the rule can't change down the road in a future production run.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts