Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time on another thread, casting shade on the current Dodge Charger, depicting it as a family sedan, grocery hauler, glorified minivan, a 300C, no matter how many ponies are under the hood or which retro MOPAR stickers you put on the outside. If it's got 4-doors, it's not a muscle car.

I'd like for folks to state their case for or against 4-door muscle cars, and include some examples as evidence.

To continue the disrespect of all things 4-door, I offer these. And yes, the first one is a 4-door (gag.......) Challenger.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A four door can be a muscle car but a Pony car cannot be four doors.
That's an interesting take. So this Chevelle is a muscle car but this Maverick is NOT a pony car? Even if they both had 400 HP V-8s under the hood?

I just see a couple passenger sedans.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Not really a "case", but 4 door muscle cars have been around from the beginning.

Obviously 2 door muscle cars far outnumber 4 door cars, probably due to the fact the 2doors cars have always had the so called "sporty" image.

That said, there's a ton of 2 door "sporty" cars around that have been, and are getting crushed by 4 door muscle! LOL

Perception and the reality of it all.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Here we go......

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
That's an interesting take. So this Chevelle is a muscle car but this Maverick is NOT a pony car? Even if they both had 400 HP V-8s under the hood?

I just see a couple passenger sedans.
Definition of pony car. : one of a group of 2-door hardtops of different makes that are similar in sporty styling, high performance characteristics, and price range.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Redeye WB, Plum crazy
2 Posts
As long as you're OK disrespecting others rides, I wouldn't consider your 5.7 Challenger a muscle car either. Only 6.4/Hellcat/Demon LX bodies qualify.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Charger is a muscle car, regardless of what the door snobs have to say about it.

At this point Charger and Challenger are essentially the same car.

EDIT: and what PlumCrazy said, a Hellcat Charger is more muscle car than a Challenger Scat Pack or R/T.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts