Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already put mini bullets in place of my mids and I love it, however, to make my exhaust tips fit I need to get rid of my resonators and mini bullets would fit so I wanna know if anyone has run 4 mini bullets on their car and how it sounds, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I asked about this before, I think there is on person running them in place of the resonators with a mid muffler delete if I remember correctly.

I am very curious about it myself. I already have the minis ready to replace the mids once I get a few more miles on my car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya right now I have a mid muffler delete and mini bullets in place of those, and an active exhaust delete, which I actually think really got rid of my drone I'm just nervous that deleting the resonators and putting mini bullets there too would make me drone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did the mids delete and hated the sound at WOT, so I went with those Dynomax mini mufflers having them welded in place of the factory mids, still not exactly happy about the exahust note, so i'm getting rid of my resonators this time, and i'll be installing Magnaflow magnapacks mufflers in their place (Magnaflow 14419's), I have no idea how it's going to sound, but hopefully different and better than what i have now, and i'd guess if i didn't like it, i can always go back to the factory resonatos, which i like don't get me wrong, there is just a range spot in the RPM at WOT, that still sound like if the car was blowing through a trumpet, and i'm looking to get rid of that. i'll post before (Dynomax 24250 + factory resonators) and after (Dynomax 24250 + Magnaflow 14419's) video clips, the Magnaflow mufflers should arrive tonight, so i'll be getting them installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you could take that video It'd be awesome, depending how it sounds I could see my self doing the same thing to my exaust, I just have one request that being if you could tell me what's longer in length the new magnaflows or the OEM resinator, this way I can see if they'd work with my new tips or not or figure out if they could cut more OEM pipe back and make way for the tips.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Crap i didn't think about the lenght :(, they seem to be too long to fit in that spot.
Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

I'll take them to my muffler shop anyways and see what options do i have, but more likely i'm thinking that perhaps i'll have the minis removed and replaced with the Magnapacks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Put those in place of the minis and put the minis out back.
Yep, i'll discuss this with my muffler shop, hoepfully i'll be able to cut a good deal on the move :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really curious how that would sound and if it sounds good I could do the same while solving my dual exaust tips issue as well, do you have an AES bypass or delete?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Crap i didn't think about the lenght :(, they seem to be too long to fit in that spot.
Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

I'll take them to my muffler shop anyways and see what options do i have, but more likely i'm thinking that perhaps i'll have the minis removed and replaced with the Magnapacks.
I would leave the resonators and replace the mid mufflers you already replaced with the minis for the new Magnaflows.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm really curious how that would sound and if it sounds good I could do the same while solving my dual exaust tips issue as well, do you have an AES bypass or delete?
I can control the active exhaust with HPTuners, so right now I have the valve fully open in sport mode, And only 30% open in normal mode.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got the magnapacks only installed, and I got rid of the trumpets completely, but now the exhaust is too quiet, it’s still deep, but there no aggression coming from my exhaust:(,so there goes $90 already.

I’m running some errands now, but I’ll be back to the shop and decide what to do, resonators delete or minis in place of the resonators, in either case those damn resonators will be gone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got the resonators deleted, and the sound is not exactly what i was expecting.
At the moment, she's less louder than yesterday, which is such a downer for me, at lest the sound is deep and i have no trumpets at all at WOT, but of course, i didn't want to make her less louder after spending $360 between parts and labor :(, Right now there is no drone, sound is deep, and more importantly , i got rid of the trumpets that were driving me crazy, so i'll leave it like it that.

I'll post the clips tomorrow anyways, have to wait for a cold start so we can compare apples to apples, but i'm sure my neighbors are going to think i did quiet down the exhaust for them, since i'm leaving at 5:00am daily for work hahaha.

I want her loud again, so my next step will be electric cutouts, i'm not messing with mufflers or deletes anymore :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got the resonators deleted, and the sound is not exactly what i was expecting.
At the moment, she's less louder than yesterday, which is such a downer for me, at lest the sound is deep and i have no trumpets at all at WOT, but of course, i didn't want to make her less louder after spending $360 between parts and labor :(, Right now there is no drone, sound is deep, and more importantly , i got rid of the trumpets that were driving me crazy, so i'll leave it like it that.

I'll post the clips tomorrow anyways, have to wait for a cold start so we can compare apples to apples, but i'm sure my neighbors are going to think i did quiet down the exhaust for them, since i'm leaving at 5:00am daily for work hahaha.

I want her loud again, so my next step will be electric cutouts, i'm not messing with mufflers or deletes anymore :)
The magnapacks might get a little deeper over time nothing huge, I think they are similar in size to the of the factory round mids.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here are the clips, the one i did with the cold start this morning crapped out, so i need to shoot another one.
It's going to be a cold start and a hot start, but i'll try to get cold start today or Tuesday, the difference should be obvious in loudness anyways, the Magnapacks are more refined in sound, they're loud don't get me wrong, but not as loud as the minis, so if you're looking for extra loudness this won't be exactly the loudest setup of them all. if you want that extra loudness, keep the minis.

The Cold start with the magnapacks is more aggresive compared the the hot start, but still not the same loudness as there is with the Minis, again sorry for not being able to load a cold start at the moment.

Cold start with the Minis and the factory Res

and this is a hot start with the Magnapacks and Res deleted

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly man I don't know if it's just the camera not picking up the low frequencys but it sounds nearly stock and I think those magnas while not as thick are actually longer than the stock oem mufflers and it sound very similar, did it sound like deleting the resinators made a difference in loudness or rasp?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes they're longer the stock, i still have the stock mufflers in my garage, their case is 11 3/4 by 7"more or less, the Magnapacks are 14x4, i don't remember what stock sounded like, but i figure it they should be louder than stock base on the box case sizer, the resonators were completely eating the sound of the magnapacks at part thottle, no rasp in either case with out without them,but the crazy thing is that they were actually inducing the trumpets at WOT with the minis between 2000 and 4000rpm, I have no drone at all as far as i can tell without them, Only thing i don't like about the setup is that i don't have the same loudness as before.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got some questions for you regarding the mini bullet resinator delete, does a lack of resonator create alot of drone, I also see you have your AES system in place which IMO made my car drone more, have you removed it since this video? I'm just trying to figure out if I should throw 2 more mini bullets on the end in place of the resinator or drop it entirely to make my new exaust tips fit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts