Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking one of the next mods to buy in the spring will be a rear strut brace and I'm thinking of going with a speedlogix arched bar brace. With the thought process of more is better when it comes to attachment points I'm inclined to go with the 4 point brace but figured I'd see if anyone had driven a car that had the 4 point vs 2 point brace and if there was much of a difference between the two?

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Petty 4point rear. The "X" construction makes sense, and it shows on the handling.

Nascar quality welds and perfect fitment for easy installation. It also has full sized templates for cutting out the liners.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed the Speedlogix 2 point arched rear brace and like it. The room sacrificed in the trunk is minimal, you can still access the trunk from the passenger compartment and handling is improved. I can't compare the 4 point to the 2 point on handling, but the 2 point is very nice and I recommend it for anyone who isn't a hardcore autocrosser but still wants to make it better than stock.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The difference in price isn't all that much but I'm thinking she'll probably only get on a track only two or three times at best unless the track at Palmer Mass is opened in the near future and I get addicted... Other than that I'd think the only track time would pretty much be if I took the car to a driving school that let you use your own car. Which is part of the do I really need a 4 point bar debate I'm having.

I guess part of the question would be is the only place you're really going to feel the difference between a 4 point and a 2 point bar going to be at a track? Or could you feel it in semi spirited driving on something like tail of the dragon etc...

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the speedlogix 4 point arched brace and it could be just my mind but the ride is much more tight and accurate for lack of a better work. The other day I rode over a slight dip in one side of the road and could really feel the body staying controlled and not rolling to that side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
With triangulation and tying the body together the way that it does, logic says the 4-point should help more with body torsion/flex than the 2-point. I'm happy with the 4-point non-arched, the bar gets in the way sometimes but it's not a DD and I don't use the trunk for much.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The difference in price isn't all that much but I'm thinking she'll probably only get on a track only two or three times at best unless the track at Palmer Mass is opened in the near future and I get addicted... Other than that I'd think the only track time would pretty much be if I took the car to a driving school that let you use your own car. Which is part of the do I really need a 4 point bar debate I'm having.

I guess part of the question would be is the only place you're really going to feel the difference between a 4 point and a 2 point bar going to be at a track? Or could you feel it in semi spirited driving on something like tail of the dragon etc...

Take it easy
Jay
I've run the Dragon on my bike, while it's a blast, it's pretty slow going due to all the cops and sloooow pokes. I don't think you would even notice the difference between no brace, 2 point, or 4 point unless you were able to break away from the crowd somehow. Maybe on the off months it is better, when I was there it was mid summer and packed. Not a very forgiving place either, blow a corner and you are either over a bank or in a ditch. But I can't wait to go back...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not a very forgiving place either, blow a corner and you are either over a bank or in a ditch. But I can't wait to go back...
Yeah from the pictures of the road it reminds me of several of the roads around my grandparents in south eastern OH where the 55 mph speed limit is almost a cruel joke considering how difficult it is to get up to those speeds with 120 degree and 90 degree corners, crooked road warnings, hills that give you a glimpse of the next few miles of road before diving down and only seeing the next few hundred yards etc... I loved to drive those roads in the various Camaros and Trans Ams I've owned when visiting and I know plenty of friends and family that have rolled a car, hit a deer or cow, or ditched while driving those roads.

Now that I'm older I'd not try to hustle a car on those roads the way I used to but it still would be nice to have the challenger tweaked a bit handling wise before visiting family next summer.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Way better places to go, devils whip, between Marion and Spruce pine, NC
In reality lots of places of the parkway
No cops and very little traffic
Luke,

Ps, nearly went over the edge a few months ago chasing a new supercharge Jag, blew thru some standing water and got almost all the way backwards, tense moment

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Way better places to go, devils whip, between Marion and Spruce pine, NC
In reality lots of places of the parkway
No cops and very little traffic
Luke,

Ps, nearly went over the edge a few months ago chasing a new supercharge Jag, blew thru some standing water and got almost all the way backwards, tense moment
Yeah events like that tamed me a bit as I've gotten older I know the roads and what would be around the next bend road wise but it's the random things you can't expect deer, turkey, livestock, another car also hugging the inside line etc that make the drive dangerous if you're trying to go fast. When I was in my 20's we considered driving those roads at night safer than the during the day since you could see the other cars head lights before getting surprised in a corner or the other side of a hill. Plus when my sister rolled on those roads in her honda trying to drive it like it was my 3rd gen t/a it was a bit sobering.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Ya, the big S on my chest has faded a bunch.....lol
Age is catching up to me
Luke

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luke,

Out of curiosity what are you running for a rear strut brace? a Mopar ten brace or something else?

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts