Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 R/T, just did the exhaust yesterday, I couldn't believe the difference after this. $400, two 40 series flowmasters and removed the resonators with straight pipes back there. I was a tad worried about the droning, but it's really not bad at all because the sit towards the back of the car, plus I have my flowmasters underneath me in my Duster so I'm probably used to the noise a bit. Along with the sound improvements there are NOTICEABLE throttle response improvements. Best $400 I've spent in a while. I'll be posting video in the next few days when the wind dies down outside.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
627 Posts
Where did you put the flowmasters where the resos were?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you put the flowmasters where the resos were?
Yeah. I wasn't expecting the throttle and shift improvements quite that substantial. I've seen a lot of guys have issues with the droning when removing the resonators, but I also think my ears may be shot from all the years of sitting in my Duster. LoL

·
Registered
165 Posts
That was the first mod I did to my 2012 R/T and it cost me about the same. Sounds great, I then did a K&N drop in air filter, let it breathe !

As to the question above, I was told by the muffler installer that the muffler looking units up front were the mufflers and the suitcase looking units in the back were the reasonators, using that terminology my Flowmasters went up front. I have seen some on this Forum disagree and said they were vice versa. Doesent matter as all are gone and Flomaster series 40's up front. Works for me !

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah for sure videos when you get time bro

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I did the exact thing for my first mod on my 2012. Since then I have swapped out the factory headers and cats with JBA Shorties and Mids with Highflow cats. I also popped in a CAI and Have the car tuned with a Diablo custom tune from Johan. If you thought the 40s sound great wait till you do the other things! And as far as speed. Lets just say I need to replace my rear two tires already!

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMO, Flowmasters are the only way to go....I went a different route and
installed 50 series deltas and those plus my MF catted mids produce
a sexy musclecar sound. They may still drone a bit (dronemasters?) but
I'm still an avid fan of the unique sound.

:saythat:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
waiting for videos....

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
:::Stamps foot impatiently:::

·
Registered
9 Posts
A silly question for a newbie with a new '14 RT Red line...did you (OP) do this at the dealer? Will dealers install pipes/cams/remove resonators or no? I just bought the car and the auto accessory guy said he'd give me discounts on mopar stuff for 30 days. I didn't really ask him about exhausts though.

I'm just looking for that "deep" muscle car sound. Don't need super increased horse power and stuff. Looking forward to the video!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even if the dealer would do it, I probably wouldn't have them do it simply because of the labor/parts cost with the dealer, but more than likely they won't do it and just suggest a place to have it done. Plus if you take it to an independent place for exhaust it'll be cheaper. You remove the reso's and put the Flowmaster 40 series on and you'll get that deep muscle car sound, which is what I wanted and got. I'm waiting to do a cam, trying to decide if I want to go 392 stroker or not. I have alot I want to do to my Duster still, so the Challenger may have to wait for any major upgrades.

I'm going to get video this weekend now that I'm back home.

A silly question for a newbie with a new '14 RT Red line...did you (OP) do this at the dealer? Will dealers install pipes/cams/remove resonators or no? I just bought the car and the auto accessory guy said he'd give me discounts on mopar stuff for 30 days. I didn't really ask him about exhausts though.

I'm just looking for that "deep" muscle car sound. Don't need super increased horse power and stuff. Looking forward to the video!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Very curious about this set up. Most people put the flowmasters where the orginal mufflers are out and just remove the resonators. Is supposed to help with drone at the same time sounding the same? If so, I might do this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Catless Mids Question

I currently have BBs resonated glasspacks on my 13 RT 6 speed. I like the sound and can live with the drone. I am considering going with JBA catless mids also for a little more noise! At this point I am not really that concerned about increase in performance, but I do like a healthy sounding Hemi! I was planning on using spark plug foulers to avoid the code. With this do any harm to my vehicle? Is it necessary for me to get a tune so I can turn off the O2 sensors? Any suggestions or thought? I am not really interested in a catback system for what it would cost me.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Locko,can you explain what you did, cant seem to figure it out from the pics. I want the same sound you have....so the more detailed the better...lol....also..hows the drone? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Locko,can you explain what you did, cant seem to figure it out from the pics. I want the same sound you have....so the more detailed the better...lol....also..hows the drone? Thanks for your time.
I have no drone whatsoever but i dont have mds system either.. (is disconnected with the diablo tune) also im running a custom tune and the car is stock besides that.. i bought a k&N Cold air filter yesterday from OHIO SPEED and once i get it we will see if the sound changes.. ill take more detalied pics from the tips tomorrow :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts