Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gents. Like lots of folks on this board, this car is my dream car and I want to customize it, but I don't want to mess it up either. I'm in my mid-thirties and I haven't been in the position for most of my life to be as involved with cars as I want to other than reading a lot and following other people's builds. First chance I got though I have the Challenger I want to upgrade and I'm deciding on which way to go. Point is, I'm no engine building genius and this is my first time around the block... sooo I'm looking for advice from you more experienced people to help me in my decisions.

I've talked to Arrington about their 410 (6.7L) stroker short block and I would have their folks do all the install and tuning work. I'm looking at doing the following from their lineup:

So specific questions...I searched on this site and I haven't been able to find a thread from anyone getting this 410 stroker kit from Arrington installed. What's up with that? Are there technical concerns or known durability issues? Or is it just that people who have gotten it are so happy they are out driving instead of on here posting? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have been considering this myself. I haven't pulled the trigger on it because I can't afford that right now. Well, not if I want to keep driving. ;)

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I think the reason you haven't seen it is most are going with a 392, a 426 or a 440. That's not to say the engine you're looking at is not a good choice for you. I had work done by Arrington and I was very pleased. They'll take very good care of you. Installation, tuning and service are top notch. When you see their facility, and meet the fine folks there, I believe you will be happy you did.

HemiSam

·
Banned
241 Posts
I agree with Hemi Sam - Arrington is currently doing my build which is ultimately going to be a complete new motor, tranny, rear end, blower, etc. For my specific 9 second needs they were the ones that told me to go the 426 route over the 440.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Subscribed. Please keep us updated on the final specs and build. I want to do this as well but will be saving coin this year and hope to get this done in 2012/13.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Very interested also, but also interested in PWR's 413 version of the Eagle 5.7.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
The 410 is very good I believe Saleen uses that in there 570X
If you got that route you will not be disapointed.

PS I do have a Maggie for sale that would look very good sitting on top of that.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Davi☠Rotten;753061 said:
Long tube headers or nothing ..
Heheh. I know. All i can say is...Emissions, brother. They told me shorties were my only option because of my emissions controlled county. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Heheh. I know. All i can say is...Emissions, brother. They told me shorties were my only option because of my emissions controlled county. :disgust:

I am also a fan of Arrington as they buildt up a Forged Short block to which they added a Maggie blower What a difference. While there are a number of good shops out there. But for me Arrrington has it all Not sure where you live but if you want to see a complete shop that is the place to visit. My car is presently there they are doing some performance upgrades.
One suggestion to keep in mind is to supercharge with a Maggie Blower as that Supercharger is Emmissions certified in all the 48 states. What I love about my set-up is the car drives exactly like stock unless you get on it. For me it ws important that I could drive the car to church or down the block or that the wife could drive it ( she can drive it but she likes her SUV ). It is just so much fun to just tap the throttle ( and I don't need the clutch to do it ) and smoke the tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts