Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to build my R/T & just wondering if anyone here has done or know someone that has went with a 410 swap & what mind hp they got with just the motor & no boost

·
Registered
868 Posts
HP will depend on Compression, and gas that you are using, along with Cam/Head combo. It's hard to guess at these things, without having a bunch of information...... I want to build a 410 out of a Hellcat block, been doing a bunch of research to get the project underway. Sorry this isn't much help. I hope someone who has done this will chime in.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was researching a 405 stroker kit for the 6.1 but they are not as prevalent as they used to be.
The vendors I used for parts didn't sell a 405 kit, only the 426 or 440.

If you have the funds find a boneyard 6.1 to base the build on, you can assemble the motor while still having the car usable and all the 6.1 will drop in place of the 5.7 (minus tuning).
If you are going with the 5.7 stroked to a 410 I'd guess around 420-ish hp to the wheels depending on tune and cam.
If I had stuck with the original 5.7 it would be boosted, not enough displacement increase to justify the $6k cost.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
here's another thought: unless you are doing the work yourself, you can get a drop in Hellcat motor for about the same price.
forged build = $6-$7k parts labor = ?? $1200 ??
blower = $6-$8k parts labor = ?? $500 ??
total for both installed would be around $17k

crate hellcat engine with PCM for around $20k....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Good points above, hard to argue against that logic....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts